Heartbroken for Dalton (1 Viewer)

That playcall was pitiful. Kirk Merritt was our only WR on the field running a deep shot and we had no routes crossing the field. Pete Carmichael trying to be too cute once again.
Exactly. Olave Landry Hill and any receiver worth a crap was on the sideline. Aikman pointed it out prior to the snap. It’s unfathomable.

Exactly. Olave Landry Hill and any receiver worth a crap was on the sideline. Aikman pointed it out prior to the snap. It’s unfathomable.

Pete just proving that he is not, nor has he ever been, a real offensive coordinator.

DA is a coward and Carmichael outsmarts himself but Dalton didn’t do us any favors either. He is the polar opposite of clutch. Whatever you need from Dalton to put the game away he never does. I really wonder what went on behind the scenes between DA and Winston because it’s insane that Dalton hasn’t been benched. Now that the season is truly over there is no chance that DA would put Winston in now. I just hope this humiliating loss is enough to ensure that Allen is fired in the offseason

Carmichael is the worst personnel manager imaginable. He's constantly putting our players in the worst possible position.

On 3rd and 1 he has Callaway who's been on the bench for a month out there. It's a run play but Dalton threw the hot route to a cold receiver playing against press coverage. Dumb.

On the sack on the Saints final drive the only receiver we have on the field was a guy who was on the practice squad earlier in the day.

On the 3rd and 17 he has Hill running the route instead of an actual receiver. Who knows, someone with more than 40 catches in their career could have held onto it.

Ingram comes up short on that play because he was hurt. He was hurt earlier in the game but Carmichael put him back out there instead of a healthy Kamara and Ingram hurts himself even worse and cost the Saints a first down.

We really need to Draft QB.

Dalton is a decent safe player. He will get you in and around .500. If you can get competent play calling and overall in game strategy along with some better injury luck that’s not a bad situation to be in for a young QB.

Depending on how things go you can keep your young QB on the bench or if and when he is ready he shouldn’t be coming in too much behind the 8 ball.

I wanted to see Winston but the more you look at it he never was going to be “the guy”. For him given the right offensive philosophy and a bunch of Chris Godwins he can make some noise but he isn’t going to get us where we want to go. Winston believes he is the guy and maybe he is but you don’t want that around your young QB. For that Dalton is a better choice.

The main thing we need to do is find a way to get that next QB in the draft. Draft 2 of them and hope one works out. We should have gotten right to it like the Stealers did. I want to blame the Payton Turner pick but that draft had nothing in it outside of Justin Fields and Mac Jones and we weren’t drafting that high and neither was worth breaking the bank to get. With the benefit of hindsight we should have went all in on a new QB in 2020. We would have never gotten up to No. 1 to get Burrow and I doubt the Bengals would have traded that pick for anything but we could have had a crack at Justin Hebert, Tua and we could have gotten Jordan Love without trading anything. The young QB would have had a year playing behind Brees and we would be on our way to being a contender again. We might could have even kept Sean Payton.

We have to make that pick this year and be prepared to make it every year until we get it right. In the modern NFL you don’t have a QB you don’t have a chance.

Dalton has had some decent games - but in the end, he doesn’t move the needle on the offense. You have to look at what makes all the successful teams successful and it’s solid coach and difference maker at QB. AD isn’t a difference maker. He’s solid and that’s definitely needed as a backup - but the moment he became the starter, he maxed out.

We have no QB and our coach is anything but solid. That’s why we are bad.

Dalton played well this game. 71% completion % despite all of those drops. I don't think he's long term starter material anymore though. I would prefer to see Winston out there, but it's not like it's going to matter with this dumpster fire of a coaching staff.

Why should anyone feel sorry for Andy Dalton? I don't understand this line of thinking. He's a journeyman QB. Most times doesn't lose games but he sure doesn't win them either. Is that the standard for being a good QB now?

The fact is our offense has not been scoring. It is what it is. He doesn't get any credit for that. We're losing. I'm not saying Jameis or anyone else would be better, but trying to make Dalton into some type of tragic hero is just ridiculous.

Dalton played his arse off tonight. He did everything right. Olave drops a key pass. Landry gets cute and drops a touchdown. Hill can't hang on to an absolutely perfect pass. Ingram can't even run for a first down (truly unreal). I can't believe they called a pass to "concrete hands" Callaway on 3rd and 1. He is an excellent QB playing on a team that simply will not back him up, will not rise to the occasion. It is a travesty.
Except make the right decisions, find the open receiver, not panic on the blitz, etc.
Excellent QB?
This is Dennis Allen thinking. Except the whole rest of the league knows the truth. No one will give Andy Dalton the starting job except the Saints. Why is that?
No. You got this all wrong.

We really need to Draft QB.

Dalton is a decent safe player. He will get you in and around .500. If you can get competent play calling and overall in game strategy along with some better injury luck that’s not a bad situation to be in for a young QB.

Depending on how things go you can keep your young QB on the bench or if and when he is ready he shouldn’t be coming in too much behind the 8 ball.

I wanted to see Winston but the more you look at it he never was going to be “the guy”. For him given the right offensive philosophy and a bunch of Chris Godwins he can make some noise but he isn’t going to get us where we want to go. Winston believes he is the guy and maybe he is but you don’t want that around your young QB. For that Dalton is a better choice.

The main thing we need to do is find a way to get that next QB in the draft. Draft 2 of them and hope one works out. We should have gotten right to it like the Stealers did. I want to blame the Payton Turner pick but that draft had nothing in it outside of Justin Fields and Mac Jones and we weren’t drafting that high and neither was worth breaking the bank to get. With the benefit of hindsight we should have went all in on a new QB in 2020. We would have never gotten up to No. 1 to get Burrow and I doubt the Bengals would have traded that pick for anything but we could have had a crack at Justin Hebert, Tua and we could have gotten Jordan Love without trading anything. The young QB would have had a year playing behind Brees and we would be on our way to being a contender again. We might could have even kept Sean Payton.

We have to make that pick this year and be prepared to make it every year until we get it right. In the modern NFL you don’t have a QB you don’t have a chance.
Why are you still trying to make this an issue of QB. As some of us have been saying since week 1, this season is purely on coaching.

And I don't know if you know this but every QB needs to be "given the right offensive philosophy" and the successful QBs are in a situation that aligns with that, from Mahomes to Burrow to Allen. Drew Brees was a perfect example of that as well. You always coach to a players strengths. :shrug:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom