Heat Schmeat (Let's Talk about the Weather, Y'all)(MERGED) (1 Viewer)

DFW 10 day forecast:

10 dfw forecast.png
Yes it's gonna be hot. But what does this have to do with what I posted? It would be interesting if that forecast also included the Dewpoint temp.

This is what happened to me 1st summer in N Texas
Went out for a midday bike ride , on the way back I’m pretty sure I had a heat stroke
"Heat exhaustion begins with general muscle weakness, sudden excessive sweating, nausea and vomiting, and possible fainting. A heat stroke is when your body's internal temperature reaches over 103 degrees."

You don't want heat stroke.

"If you don't treat heat exhaustion, it can lead to heatstroke. This occurs when your internal temperature reaches at least 104°F. Heatstroke is much more serious than heat exhaustion. It can cause shock, organ failure, or brain damage."

Last edited:
Seems like NTX has had muggy summers for at least the past 2-3 years. It's been common to have dewpoint temps in upper-60s to lower-70s. Right now the dewpoint in Dallas is 72. That's muggy. I can't remember the last time we had that dry heat that comes up from the southwest, off the Mexican plateau. But when that happens, the temps soar well into the 100s. So you take a little, you give a little.

Just letting ya know those dry 100+ days are on the horizon, the humidity drops from 60+% to around 20% when that heat come through, I didn't realize I cut off the humidity percentage in that crop.

Just letting ya know those dry 100+ days are on the horizon, the humidity drops from 60+% to around 20% when that heat come through, I didn't realize I cut off the humidity percentage in that crop.
Gotcha. Wunderground.com's extended does show lower dp temps during the hottest part of the day, resulting in humidity levels in the mid-20%/mid-30% range.

Spent a long weekend in Los Angeles this past weekend. 72 and perfect every single day. After about 8 hours in Disneyland my wife turns to me and says, "imagine if we were in Disney World". I knew exactly what we meant. It was about 5PM and we had been running around the park all day without breaking a sweat. I can't imagine living in LA for various reasons, but I sure as heck envy their weather.

Spent a long weekend in Los Angeles this past weekend. 72 and perfect every single day. After about 8 hours in Disneyland my wife turns to me and says, "imagine if we were in Disney World". I knew exactly what we meant. It was about 5PM and we had been running around the park all day without breaking a sweat. I can't imagine living in LA for various reasons, but I sure as heck envy their weather.
Nobody but people who live in LA can imagine living there for any reason. LOL.

I always say if you're going to do the 101 road trip, when you hit the outskirts of LA, just drive around it and head straight to San Diego.

My car was showing 96 when I got in. By the time I got home, it was reading 106.

Last time we did along weekend in L.A., had to extend the trip because good old nola July storms grounded the planes for a day.

Can't say we were too angry. Just an extra day of great weather and stress free mary jane. Though we were told there had been SoCal earthquake tremors the prior few weeks.

Yeah they can keep that too.

How would you like to go? Gun shot? Stabbing? Suffocation? Poisoning? Lol jk

I’ve determined my ideal temperature is between 80-85 with about 25-30% humidity.
All of the above?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom