Heat Schmeat (Let's Talk about the Weather, Y'all)(MERGED) (1 Viewer)

I think we talked about this in another thread (maybe about Las Vegas)
It’s seems most any city that’s west of the MS river that’s not on a body of water was developed bc railroads needed refueling spots, et al
I had similar questions to you when I moved to NTx in late 90s - the place just made no sense
That makes sense. I’d have to look back at DFW history if I really wanted know. But it doesn’t really matter. This place is booming at ludicrous speed. I feel in the next decade or so, home affordability will be more California-like. It’s not there yet and still has runway. But with corporate relocations bringing high salaries, it’s just a matter of time. Goldman Sachs just announced building a large office in downtown Dallas. Will create 2500 new positions with average salary of 90k. This is on top of the 2500 already employed in Dallas.

If our planning goes right, we’ll be out of here in 10 years.

We will break 75 for the first time this year tomorrow.

Supposed to be a high of 81

But we do get our first heat wave this weekend as we have two days in the 90’s before we go back into the highs in the 70’s

But we do get our first heat wave this weekend as we have two days in the 90’s before we go back into the highs in the 70’s
i'm trying to think of the most ToS way to tell you to go engage in carnal relations with yourself :mad:

I recently took up tennis, and playing this week has been draining. My next match is Monday. I am looking forward to the cold front coming in that day. The high will only be 92.
had match Monday night at 6.

talk about luck- we had a storm just north of Covington around 5pm, but by time it got to my area, it fell apart- but cloud cover remained. So no direct sunlight which made for "ok' temps. But there was ZERO wind and the humidity was pretty awful.

I fully expect no clouds and no wind this eve and a half gallon of water.

And i play doubles lol.

I had the A/C off from Friday last week until yesterday evening. My ‘lectric bill for last month was $80. But it’s getting ready to be hot until December :hihi:

Temps right now in the mid 70’s but it’s thick outside.

had match Monday night at 6.

talk about luck- we had a storm just north of Covington around 5pm, but by time it got to my area, it fell apart- but cloud cover remained. So no direct sunlight which made for "ok' temps. But there was ZERO wind and the humidity was pretty awful.

I fully expect no clouds and no wind this eve and a half gallon of water.

And i play doubles lol.
pulled onto causeway right around that time and noticed that my rearview was dark with the clouds of that storm you're talking about
i was like 'please mr storm come get us' (even though i hate wind/rain on the causeway) but mr storm was like 'nah'

I had the A/C off from Friday last week until yesterday evening. My ‘lectric bill for last month was $80. But it’s getting ready to be hot until December :hihi:

Temps right now in the mid 70’s but it’s thick outside.
you and coolbrees can engage in carnal relations with yourself together :mad: :mad:

you and coolbrees can engage in carnal relations with yourself together :mad: :mad:
I’m not sure about coolbrees, but we get ours during January, February, and March (which I am on record many times as hating) when temps dwell in the 30’s with winds howling out of the north for days on end.

77 here today. Windows open, fans on, sunny skies.

It has been incredibly humid here. To the point that even when it’s 62 in the morning,
I want to turn the ac on bc I am already sweating. Plus my curly hair is a huge frizzy mess.

From December through March it is nothing but 40’s - 50’s with constant mist and light rain.

We in the PNW call this winter. Midwesterners would beg to differ.

Spring just ended yesterday and is sporadic showers and temps in the 60’s and 70’s.

Fall looks like Halloween in 80’s movies and is from Sep - Dec

Summer is in the 80’s but we do get hot occasionally- last year it hit 116 and it hurt Portland’s feelings something awful. City looked like a battered spouse; just shriveled and in shock

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom