Heath Ledger found dead (1 Viewer)

If he wanted to die, he'd have taken more pills.

Maybe he just felt like the pills werent affecting him, so he kept taking a few more, not realizing they *were* affecting him. When youre on some of that medication you can get forgetful, or have slightly impaired judgement, become easily confused, etc. So he may not have been thinking clearly enough to realize "Hey, taking even more of these pills could be very bad." In which case, it *would* have been accidental.

2 pain killers, 2 anti-anxiety pills, 2 sleep aids.......... I'm not buying the accidental.

Maybe he didn't want to be remembered for committing suicide so he didn't leave a note and didn't go over the top on the amounts, but he had to have some idea it was probably not smart to do.

If he wanted to die, he'd have taken more pills.

I stated and either or... so under your conclusion he was just dumb

I didn't read a release on the amount he took. I only read he took the multitude of them. The amount of each wasn't listed - that I read anyway.

I stated and either or... so under your conclusion he was just dumb

Just because YOU stated either/or doesnt mean those are the only two scenarios. I presented a very plausible third scenario. You've never taken any medication that made you light-headed or groggy?

Just because YOU stated either/or doesnt mean those are the only two scenarios. I presented a very plausible third scenario. You've never taken any medication that made you light-headed or groggy?

I've taken everything on his list... just not at the same time because I value my life.

This is very easily accidental. He had been having sleeping issues. So he takes something. Doesn't work. Takes something else. Doesn't work. And so on. It's really not that difficult to do. If he wanted to kill himself, he would have taken everything he had. Yet there were pills still left.

He probably was hurting so he took a pain killer, couldn't sleep so took a xanax and then a valium, and when both didn't work he got some sleeping pills. if he was going to kill himself why not just eat all the sleeping pills?

Last edited:
It was accidental in the way getting syphilis from a 2 dollar hooker is accidental.

I think he didn't commit suicide (this is my opinion on the matter)...

Just the problems he had with sleeping, stress, his divorce and so on caused him to take much more then he needed...cause maybe to him he felt one of each wasn't working enough.

But Ledger and people these days should know, taking pain-killers and other medicines like that shouldn't be mixed, regardless if you take just 1 or more of each...that's playing with fire.

It was accidental in the way getting syphilis from a 2 dollar hooker is accidental.

That's amazingly insensitive. So when people die from heart disease due to eating one too many cheeseburgers - they are intending to kill themselves. So all those people who got into a vehicle and were killed in a car accident kill themselves intentionally?

I've known people who have committed suiced and others who have attempted to do so. If you've decided to commit suicide you're not going to think rationally enough to take a couple pills at a time to avoid making it look like you committed suicide.

There's no telling how long he's been taking the sleep medicine or how his body reacted to them. If he had extreme anxiety that kept him from sleeping very well, I could understand the reaction and the feeling that he needed more to be effective.

I've known people to be on that type of medication, and I know that they often complain about them not working. They start to self-medicate -- mix sleeping pills with alcohol to help them sleep. Incredibly stupid, but they aren't thinking rationally - it's part of their disorder.

I like how some are trying to spin this. Exactly what is the difference between an overdose and an accidental overdose? Do the people that die from an overdose intentionally try to overdose and if so what is the difference between an intentional overdose resulting in death and a suicide? The word accidental is simply being used to try and sway opinion on the matter.

There are two choices here. He either:

A) Died from a drug overdose.

or

B) Suicide by using a combination of controlled substances

The end result is the same.

Has anyone stated whether all of his Rx's were in his name? If so, its ridiculous how many doctors are so willing to write those prescriptions for a 27 year-old who, in theory, should have been able to go through life without any of them. They should just legalize them all for over the counter and sell them along with cocaine, heroine and everything else. Maybe that would end the "pretense" of what people are really using these drugs for and get rid of the "stamp of approval" from physicians, who obviously have little sense of their so-called patients.

I like how some are trying to spin this. Exactly what is the difference between an overdose and an accidental overdose? Do the people that die from an overdose intentionally try to overdose and if so what is the difference between an intentional overdose resulting in death and a suicide? The word accidental is simply being used to try and sway opinion on the matter.

There are two choices here. He either:

A) Died from a drug overdose.

or

B) Suicide by using a combination of controlled substances

The end result is the same.

Good post. :9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom