Heavy praise from a long time NFL coach about Justin Jefferson (1 Viewer)

I would not be surprised if he is the second or third receiver taken. Maybe higher. I also would not be surprised to see someone like Jerry Jeudy slip. He’s liked by some teams, not liked by others. Justin Jefferson, on the other hand, is one of the guys I don’t believe I’ve heard any scout utter a bad word about.

He shouldn’t be there, but this is a common theme with primary slot guys. AJ Brown just last year looked like the safest WR in the class and fell to the second. We’ll see. At 24, he’s a slam dunk.

If he's there at 24 and your QB you wanted isn't, you've got to pull the trigger.

I think it's possible he could be their. I give it about a 50/50 chance

I have a feeling a lot of people are going to be really surprised at how high Denzel Mimms will be picked.

He's one of those players that teams are going to fall in love with and have rated really high on their board.

I would not be surprised if he is the second or third receiver taken. Maybe higher. I also would not be surprised to see someone like Jerry Jeudy slip. He’s liked by some teams, not liked by others. Justin Jefferson, on the other hand, is one of the guys I don’t believe I’ve heard any scout utter a bad word about.
Ceedee lamb is gonna be the first WR taken but if Jefferson goes number 2 and then either Ruggs or Jeudy 3, I’m all for trading up for either one of those 2. Ruggs and Jeudy will be beasts. Ruggs is my number 2 WR in the draft.

Ceedee lamb is gonna be the first WR taken but if Jefferson goes number 2 and then either Ruggs or Jeudy 3, I’m all for trading up for either one of those 2. Ruggs and Jeudy will be beasts. Ruggs is my number 2 WR in the draft.
Walter football had a short article saying Lamb May fall because he likes the night life. This was from February, May just be a bs story.

Walter football had a short article saying Lamb May fall because he likes the night life. This was from February, May just be a bs story.

I've heard that by a number of sources. I'm still working through all of the WR prospects right now and I'll try to get my rankings and a summary before the time of the draft. But I can say this much...Jerry Jeudy is by himself at the top. He's just phenominal in every regard, and he's 100% football. He has no red flags from either a personality, injury, or work ethic standpoint. I'd be unbelievably surprised if he isn't a top 10 WR one day. If the Saints trade up, I think it has to be Jeudy.

I have Lamb and Ruggs in the next tier. Both are very good WRs but aren't as complete as Jeudy. And I do have some concern with Lamb's work ethic and off the field reports. They are very close right now but I suspect that Ruggs may be ahead of Lamb when it's said and done.

I have Jefferson, Aiyuk, and Higgins in the next tier. Higgins really surprised me. He's a very fluid WR who makes plays down the field. People have voiced concerns about speed and physicality in short-to-intermediate range passes. I don't see the speed as an issue at all. He is so fluid and long that he finds ways to separate down the field, and he's also a very good route runner with hands. He could be a little bit more physical at the LOS, but I think that he'd be an excellent #2 WR. I think that all three guys would present considerable value at #24...they'd all be top 15 picks in most drafts. But considering that there is just about a 100% probability that one of the three would be there at #24, I'm staying put and not trading up for these guys.

Last edited:
Jefferson is a top tier receiver. He's got good size, very good speed, great route running, experience in an NFL-type offensive system, ability to make hot reads and adjust his routes accordingly, durability, good character, and, most important of all, incredible toughness. When Skalski tried to take his head off in the National Championship and got ejected for targeting, Jefferson didn't even blink. He's one of the most complete receivers coming out of the college ranks I've seen in a long time.

I love JJ, think he maybe the most NFL ready WR in the draft....That said, he is athletic but he isn't the typical freak athlete WR with a huge ceiling (and some bust potential) that gets taken early in the draft...

I think there is a good chance he is still there at 24 and I wouldn't mind if we took him if the Saints were convinced he is BPA there....

Jefferson is a top tier receiver. He's got good size, very good speed, great route running, experience in an NFL-type offensive system, ability to make hot reads and adjust his routes accordingly, durability, good character, and, most important of all, incredible toughness. When Skalski tried to take his head off in the National Championship and got ejected for targeting, Jefferson didn't even blink. He's one of the most complete receivers coming out of the college ranks I've seen in a long time.
If Jordan is still there that would be a miracle. 100x out of 100 he is the BPA for the Saints. He will have the greatest impact on helping N.O achieve their ultimate goal.

I love JJ, think he maybe the most NFL ready WR in the draft....That said, he is athletic but he isn't the typical freak athlete WR with a huge ceiling (and some bust potential) that gets taken early in the draft...

I think there is a good chance he is still there at 24 and I wouldn't mind if we took him if the Saints were convinced he is BPA there....

That's the challenge. The three top WRs in this class are also VERY good with few holes to their game and are more athletic than Jefferson. That's not to say that Jefferson won't be better than them...again, two of the top 3 WRs in the NFL, Hopkins and CGM, were late 1st-early 2nd round prospects. Much of it is how much someone wants it and that is a factor that is very difficult to determine until they are finally doing it in the pros.

That's the challenge. The three top WRs in this class are also VERY good with few holes to their game and are more athletic than Jefferson. That's not to say that Jefferson won't be better than them...again, two of the top 3 WRs in the NFL, Hopkins and CGM, were late 1st-early 2nd round prospects. Much of it is how much someone wants it and that is a factor that is very difficult to determine until they are finally doing it in the pros.

The more I look at the combine numbers the more I think the more athletic belief is razor thin...I think JJ is the more polished WR than any of those guys. I think he is as close to can't miss at the WR position as there is in the draft....While I'm an LSU fan, I am not one of those fans that think LSU players are typically better than all others....JJ I believe is going to be a very good NFL WR....from day one....

The more I look at the combine numbers the more I think the more athletic belief is razor thin...I think JJ is the more polished WR than any of those guys. I think he is as close to can't miss at the WR position as there is in the draft....While I'm an LSU fan, I am not one of those fans that think LSU players are typically better than all others....JJ I believe is going to be a very good NFL WR....from day one....

I'm not an LSU fan...I think that both are very good, but Jeudy lined up more places along the offense and was more dynamic. I'm taking Jeudy, but I do think that Jefferson should be good.

For whatever reason, I truly believe one team will make a trade or position themselves for a specific player that will ultimately result in a stud player falling right in our laps.

Not saying it will be Jefferson but you just never know. Their will be drama on Day 1 of the draft.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom