Hebert has been drinking again - Taysom Hill is 'one of the greatest NFL players in history' (1 Viewer)

That's beyond a reach. He wouldn't even make a list of the top 300 players to ever play. He's unique no doubt, but he has not done enough to be linked with the greats.

I think at this point it's safe to assume that Bobby is hammered. Rather than trying to keep up with his drinking, it's way more efficient to note if he stops drinking for some reason...

Hill is a freak athlete who plays multiple positions very well. He inserted into various offensive positions adds an element of uncertainty for defenses to contend with but as a full time QB much of his advantages will go away. As a QB he will have to play within the system which will limit his positional mismatches. He might work out for short durations but I don’t feel his game will last long if he’s under center full time. His advantages are only accentuated if used sparingly.

If you want to say that he's one of the greatest QBs of all time, that's just crazy. But, as just a "football player"? Nobody has ever been as dynamic and successful as Hill, at least in the modern era. I'd say that makes him one of the greatest "football players" of all time. One of the greatest jokers of all time? I don't see how anyone could argue against that.

The most versatile player of the last decade... you could make a case for that, but Hebert is a joke and the only fans who enjoy his commentary are the ones as drunk as he is on air.

If you want to say that Hill is the most unique player in modern football history, then we can have that debate. To me Taysom Hill is a 1 of 1. There is no comp. He is totally unique.

But to say he's one of the greatest players of all time because he's dabbled in several positions, that's an odd take. That used to be the norm back in the days of Bronko Nagurski. I mean we used to have QBs who were kickers, LBs who were O linemen, etc. It was routine for those guys to do everything on a football field. Back when men were men and sheep were nervous.

If you want to say that Hill is the most unique player in modern football history, then we can have that debate. To me Taysom Hill is a 1 of 1. There is no comp. He is totally unique.

But to say he's one of the greatest players of all time because he's dabbled in several positions, that's an odd take. That used to be the norm back in the days of Bronko Nagurski. I mean we used to have QBs who were kickers, LBs who were O linemen, etc. It was routine for those guys to do everything on a football field. Back when men were men and sheep were nervous.

But, that's not really any different from saying that Brady or Manning or Brees is one of the greatest of all time. I don't think you can really say that they are better than QBs back when they had leather helmets and no teeth. You can't really compare players from different eras, but that doesn't stop people from saying GOAT. It's just a cool thing to do even if it doesn't really mean much.

Change one word, "greatest" to "amazing" and i could accept the rest of the paragraph.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom