Held the door for a Falcons fan today… (1 Viewer)

RLS1992

Rookie
Reaction score
I’m a trucker, out in west Texas so I’m surrounded by cowboys fans which is bad but they are going through it right now, so I can sympathize. Well earlier today I was walking out of the truck stop and looked back to see if anyone was coming out after me, and sure enough there was someone there. So, I waited and held the door, as he got closer I saw the horrendous Falcon logo on his jacket. He said thank you, to which I replied jokingly “no problem, although I’m a saints fan and I saw that falcons jacket there, maybe I shouldn’t have held the door for you) he laughed and very quickly claimed he was just borrowing the jacket, I laughed sarcastically, then he said very seriously, “this isn’t my jacket, I’m borrowing it” I’ll be honest, it was a pretty nice jacket, minus the bird, so I don’t see how someone would just offer it up as a loaner. Not that it really matters, I just found it odd that he was so quick to dismiss his apparent fandom of the Falcons, so assuming that it was in fact his jacket, is that normal for fans to be ashamed of their teams? I’ve never once tried to pretend as though I didn’t like the Saints, even with this past season, I was as proud as could be to be a who dat in cowboys country.

The eight years I lived in TX (Allen & SA) I flew the flag and wore my gear. And ALWAYS wear Saints gear when traveling in or through Atlanta.
I remember taking a road trip to Atlanta during the summer of 2012.
This was height of Bountygate. Everything looked bleak. This was the time where there was a possibility that the Saints could go the way of SMU.
I still say Saints fans outnumbered Falcons fans 3 to 1.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom