Hello Everybody (1 Viewer)

Welcome to the board and congratulations on the healthy return of Chad. I think last year even the players were talking about getting rid of him. Glad to see it turned out better. Good luck and hopefully no injuries.

EVERYBODY wrote the guy off. Fans, media, everybody. I stuck by it, hoping he would come back to his 2002 form when he first started playing. He is smart with the football. He doesnt have a cannon for an arm, but he makes up for that with his game management.

Unfortunately, a lot of fans are like that, no matter where you go. I was in Tennessee for our opener this year and had caps thrown at my back. When I go to a game, home or away...I am very vocal..but for my team..not against anothers, you know? I was at that game you talk about..the ESPN Sunday night game. It was chilly, the stands weren't full (I cant stand people who dont go to games if the team isn't winning) but it was a good game. I still swear that Coles catch was a TD..the replays even made it seem clear, but to no avail. MAYBE you were getting stuff thrown at you after that, because the place was in awe from that point on...

no, it wasn't after that, it was well before that. and let me tell you, i've been to several away games (including the giants game in the same stadium only weeks earlier) and experienced nothing - NOTHING - compared to that.

i don't mean to insult your fanbase because you're obviously a good guy and a true fan.. but i've never seen so many fights breaking out left and right, and i've never experienced so much abuse. it only shocked me because we were new orleans fans and i expected at least a little sympathy and respect for what had happened to our city and got virtually none.

at least you didn't tell your cheerleaders to "go home to your fema trailer" or "hey, baby, come live with me" like i heard a giants fan say.

I will give you that many of the fights were the result of the awful season the jets were having. like you said - very few people in the stands, and those that were there were witnessing another awful performance... against an equally bad team... so people were drunk and testy.. not a good combination.

no, it wasn't after that, it was well before that. and let me tell you, i've been to several away games (including the giants game in the same stadium only weeks earlier) and experienced nothing - NOTHING - compared to that.

i don't mean to insult your fanbase because you're obviously a good guy and a true fan.. but i've never seen so many fights breaking out left and right, and i've never experienced so much abuse. it only shocked me because we were new orleans fans and i expected at least a little sympathy and respect for what had happened to our city and got virtually none.

at least you didn't tell your cheerleaders to "go home to your fema trailer" or "hey, baby, come live with me" like i heard a giants fan say.

I will give you that many of the fights were the result of the awful season the jets were having. like you said - very few people in the stands, and those that were there were witnessing another awful performance... against an equally bad team... so people were drunk and testy.. not a good combination.
I hear ya on that. The only times serious fights break out are when the Pats and dolphins come to play us. And the game in Miami is loaded with Jet fans, and fights break out there. Ive been threatened in Miami before. The comments you get are from low lifes. I won't defend those people, but it's not just Jet fans, those people are evrywhere. Try going to Philly..they are 10X worse!

First off I just wanted to say you have a great board here, and your webmaster is a good guy as well. I am a diehard Jets fan (at 20 years old, I have far surpassed what a fan my age does, with away game road trips etc.), but I have been following the saints this year. What a great story it is. I root for you guys every week. I even started a thread on a board I am a regular at (I won't post it here, because I don't want people to think I am spamming) saying how we should all be Saints Fans when you guys play. I love the Reggie Bush pick..even bought the authentic jersey. I think it is safe to say that both the Jets and the Saints are the surprise team of the NFL this season. We have had a weak schedule, but not many people even expected us to win the easy games. My prayers have been and will continue to be with those people effected by Katrina, and I wish you good luck throughout the rest of the season. I hope to stick around this place and talk some good football with everyone here. Take care, good luck, and God Bless!

James (P2C)

welcome!!

my 2nd favorite team is the jets (im from the ny/nj area) and im happy their doing well....their gonna be 5-3 after this weekend is over!!

How would you all rate Reggie Bush's progress so far? I know he is a beast catching out of the backfield, but McCalister is playing well. What is the general feeling of Saints fans?

How would you all rate Reggie Bush's progress so far? I know he is a beast catching out of the backfield, but McAllister is playing well. What is the general feeling of Saints fans?

Well, he's been extremely solid receiving, whether out of the backfield, in the slot, or set out wide. His punt returns are starting to come more frequently (one TD vs. TB and one of 20 yards against the Eagles), but he's still doing a bit too much "shake-and-bake" and not enough "run right at someone".

This, for the greater part of the season, has also been the way that he's been running the ball out of the backfield. He's trying to make moves behind the line when he doesn't need to or trying to shake away from players or make unnecessary spin moves.

He's starting to develop his NFL running style a bit more effectively, and I think we're going to see him break a long one soon, as he's been extremely close on a few so far (you can see that if he beats just *one* more guy, he's probably going to be off to the races, or at least in a footrace against probably slower defensive players).

However, Reggie has been effective as somewhat of a "decoy" this year. We scored a TD against the Falcons on a reverse to Devery Henderson where most of the defense chased after Reggie. He's opened up holes for Deuce because LBs are worried about him getting the reception, etc.

Shortly, he's explosive, but he just hasn't really "gone off" yet. We'll see it soon, though, I think. :ezbill:

Well, he's been extremely solid receiving, whether out of the backfield, in the slot, or set out wide. His punt returns are starting to come more frequently (one TD vs. TB and one of 20 yards against the Eagles), but he's still doing a bit too much "shake-and-bake" and not enough "run right at someone".

This, for the greater part of the season, has also been the way that he's been running the ball out of the backfield. He's trying to make moves behind the line when he doesn't need to or trying to shake away from players or make unnecessary spin moves.

He's starting to develop his NFL running style a bit more effectively, and I think we're going to see him break a long one soon, as he's been extremely close on a few so far (you can see that if he beats just *one* more guy, he's probably going to be off to the races, or at least in a footrace against probably slower defensive players).

However, Reggie has been effective as somewhat of a "decoy" this year. We scored a TD against the Falcons on a reverse to Devery Henderson where most of the defense chased after Reggie. He's opened up holes for Deuce because LBs are worried about him getting the reception, etc.

Shortly, he's explosive, but he just hasn't really "gone off" yet. We'll see it soon, though, I think. :ezbill:
Great, thanks for the info. A lot of people might not know, but I think we got a stud in the 4th round in Leon Washington. This kid is FAST..and has great moves. He had a career day aginst Detroit last week with 129 yards and 2 TD's. He will be put to the test against big Ted Washington of the Browns this week. Gotta love the steal you got in the 7th round as well..Hofstra produces some good, underated recievers (see Wayne Chrebet:9: )

First off I just wanted to say you have a great board here, and your webmaster is a good guy as well. I am a diehard Jets fan (at 20 years old, I have far surpassed what a fan my age does, with away game road trips etc.), but I have been following the saints this year. What a great story it is. I root for you guys every week. I even started a thread on a board I am a regular at (I won't post it here, because I don't want people to think I am spamming) saying how we should all be Saints Fans when you guys play. I love the Reggie Bush pick..even bought the authentic jersey. I think it is safe to say that both the Jets and the Saints are the surprise team of the NFL this season. We have had a weak schedule, but not many people even expected us to win the easy games. My prayers have been and will continue to be with those people effected by Katrina, and I wish you good luck throughout the rest of the season. I hope to stick around this place and talk some good football with everyone here. Take care, good luck, and God Bless!

James (P2C)

What's you favorite sandwich at Carnegie's? Those big deli kosher pickles that they serve at every table are the bomb aren't they?

EVERYBODY wrote the guy off. Fans, media, everybody. I stuck by it, hoping he would come back to his 2002 form when he first started playing. He is smart with the football. He doesnt have a cannon for an arm, but he makes up for that with his game management.

Sound like Brees. :)

Good to have ya here. The Saints need all the fans we can get, and New Orleans needs tourists so come to a game if ya like.

The Jets have indeed been suprising, good for you guys. I am not sure if you have any NFC South games coming up, but if you do, please pound them for us. :9:

How is DBrick playing? Is he dominating as people thought?

He's doing well, he's not dominating. He has gone up against some of the NFL's best early this season..notably Dwight Freeny and Jason Taylor. He is a consistent player, and can only get better. The other lineman taken at 29th overall was a center, Nick Mangold from Ohio state. He has proven to be a pleasant surprise. The line is gelling, and that is a great thing. Give it a few years and they may be near the top in the NFL.

Sound like Brees. :)

Good to have ya here. The Saints need all the fans we can get, and New Orleans needs tourists so come to a game if ya like.

The Jets have indeed been suprising, good for you guys. I am not sure if you have any NFC South games coming up, but if you do, please pound them for us. :9:

Exactly...I;m sure most of you are as happy as I am that Drew didn't sign with Miami. The Jets will always be my only team, but it's good to see the folks of a tragedy get something to cheer about. If I am ever in the area I will definately make it to a game. We don't play anyone in the NFC South this year..but we do host Chicago! Yikes!

Arizona showed that they can be beaten. Don't turn the ball over and you have a good chance to win.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom