Hello from Italy!!! (Well actually Newark) - UPDATE: Now with pictures! (1 Viewer)

johnnyd

Ikea boy.
Reaction score
We got bumped off our connecting flight to Rome last night at least thay put us up in a hotel. :covri:

We will try again today.

Yikes! We leave on the 25th. Our connecting flight is from Newark to Rome. :covri: Alitalia?

Hope you make it there today...

Have a blast, y'all. When you get back, we need to get everyone together over dinner so for a recap. :tup2:

If you were on AA I'd hook you up. Did they at least give you meals and hotel vouchers?

You got bumped? You flying standby?

why go on to Rome when you can spend your vacation in beautiful Newark? :shrug:

Now it's my turn. I'm in Newark, but I didn't get bumped from the flight to Rome. Flight leaves in 3 hours and 15 minutes. I just paid $8 for slow wireless access - had to have something to do for 3 hours! Up next is an 8+ hour flight. Ugh!

guys have a great time in Rome. I would make one recommendation, pay the $10 and ride the hop-on hop-off bus. its a great way to get to most landmark attractions. also a nice place to have lunch or dinner and people watch is a little place straight down the the street out of the square at the Vatican, brain melt I can't remember the name but its on the left as you walk away and has tables out front.

have safe trips! strength and honor

I just got back from Italy. Only spent a day in Rome though, but it was nice. Have fun, good luck driving around there...3 lane roads with no lane markers. Pure craziness..

My first internet access in Italy and it's slooooooooooooooooooooow... was going to post pics, but no way that's happening. Will try again later...

Finally! A good internet connection!!! Here are some pics!

italy-006.jpg

The beach below our villa.

italy-007.jpg

The mountains outside of Positano.

italy-010.jpg

Part of the view from our villa.

italy-016.jpg

Our villa is at the top and this is the view from the pier on the beach.

italy-017.jpg

Our villa.

italy-025.jpg

A view of the pier from our villa.

italy-029.jpg

Another look at the villa and beach.

italy-031a.jpg

Shopping on the via.

italy-050.jpg

A via winding through the mountain.

italy-056.jpg

Another view of the streets.

italy-061.jpg

Ethan and I with Sorrento in the background.

italy-069.jpg

A church courtyard.

italy-074.jpg

La mia famiglia! (My family!)

italy-081.jpg

Sitting on the steps in the church.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom