HELLO NEWMAN(Daytona500) (1 Viewer)

purvis_guy

Victim of Laughing Chance
Reaction score
Ryan Newman 1st
Kurt Busch 2nd
Both with Penske Racing, both driving Dodge Chargers, 6 of the top ten were Dodges, eat that Toyota!!!!

do you really think there are real differences between the cars anymore?

Just win, Baby!
logo_dodge.gif

do you really think there are real differences between the cars anymore?

Well they are all shaped the same because of the car of tommorrow concept, but the engines are still different. 6 of the top ten were Dodges and 8 of the top 15.

Hendricks had a disappointing day. Earnhardt, Jr. finished 9th, and his teammates finished 27, 37, and 39.

im a #9 kahne fan... he was racing for dodge now its bud.....

Montaya drives like a madman. Someone should make it a point to take him out at the start of every race. Seriously, he's going to get someone killed. All last season, and apparently continuing this season, he's always near or the cause of wrecks. Dude is a hazard.

:yawn:

It used to be interesting, before the cars were all the same. Now its just the same top 12 people.

:yawn:

It used to be interesting, before the cars were all the same. Now its just the same top 12 people.

Agreed. I've lost it with NASCAR. I used to be a big fan of it. I'd go to Dover twice a year, went to the Daytona 500, etc. but now, I could care less. Everything is so homoginized and so corporate driven now. I liked it when you'd see a mechanic sheilding something from the camera because it was their "secret weapon". There were heated rivaliries. When Jeff Gordon came to the scene, it was the Kid against the King. Call me a deep down redneck regarding NASCAR but everything that made it great is gone: beer, cigarettes and fights. The Busch Series is now the Nationwide Series. An insurance company sponsoring a racing event?? That's like Pfizer supporting the war on drugs. The Winston Cup is now the Sprint Cup or whoever ponies up the most money.

And all the new tracks are mile and a half snoozers. I realize that NASCAR has always been about sponsorship but that's with the drivers. I can't stand the constant corporate plugs by the commentators as well: Mike Joy, "I've been getting text messages on my Sprint phone." You never heard them say, "I'm enjoying this Wintson Light right now during the race."

I don't know. After the race, it was like, oh well.

Sorry.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom