Helmet Rule Passes (merged) (1 Viewer)

I stand corrected, I looked at the play again he didn't lead with his crown. Still applies to both sides though.

I wonder though, if RB's can't lead with the crown to protect themselves anymore, are they protected from head shots now? (going back to the Whitner hit on PT)

starwars-a_long_time_ago.jpg

There was a position called the Power Running Back. :covri:

From what I heard on Sirius last night, the penalty is 15 yards from the line of scrimmage. So, if a running back breaks a 60 yard run and is flagged at the very end of the run for lowering his helmet, the penalty is effectively 75 yards. It's vaguely the equivalent of a PI call in its impact on the game, only it's going to be much harder to identify, much more controversial, and, oh... stupider.

This is a dumb rule. You can do it inside the tackles but not outside the tackles. What makes it any more safe inside the tackles? So why have the rule?

So can you do it inside the tackles even if you are 40 yards down field? ******** rule if you ask me. Would be cool if the refs decided to just not call it.

I believe we will see RBs lowering their head. It's instinct when running through the pile to do so. It'll be tricky on how officiating calls this one.

It's gotta be for when a RB is head to head with a defender that itd only be called then otherwise every running play will back you up 10-15 yards which would result in more safeties lol

So, let me get this straight, a player, who his entire life has lowered his head when running with the football is supposed to now, suddenly, reverse everything he's learned and not do it anymore? Lol really?

This is why rich morons shouldn't be allowed to run football. Just smh at such stupidity.

Go watch the Trent Richardson run vs Philly last year if you want an example.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/F9y_KZwOq9g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom