Help for a fallen hero. (1 Viewer)

HailStateSaintsFan

Formerly known as MSSaintfan
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Biloxi native, living in Central Mississippi
Jackson, MS police detective Eric Smith was shot and killed in the line of duty this past week. The shooting actually occurred inside the JPD headquarters. He was such a huge Saints fan that one of the local TV stations had run a feature on his man cave a while back, that he named his "Saintuary". Anyway, the police dept. and his family are trying to get him named as an honorary Saint. I figured if anyone could help me help the family and police dept. get that to fruition, it would be the great members of SR.com. If anyone can help, contact the Hinds County, Mississippi Sherriff's Dept. Evidently it was them who spearheaded the idea, even though he was a member of the Jackson Police Department.

Thanks in advance for helping one of the guys who put their lives on the line for us every day.

Sucks to hear about such things. I don't know if this is trite, but I really do mean it as a huge Saints' fan - I often think about my Uncle and Cousin who were Superfans and didn't get to witness the more recent Brees/Payton era. Then I think about Buddy D.

Didn't know he was such a huge Saints fan, WhoDat! Here's to hoping someone can help with it bud.

Website, e-mail address? I have had many in my family not see the Saints win the big one, and don't know how that makes an exception. Becoming an honorary Saint will take a lot of work -- you will need present and past player help to get that done. But I'm all for it.

I've been building my own "Saintuary" for 6 years -- it will be ready to go this season.

I'm just forwarding the message I got from the police. I don't know if it is possible or not; I figured if anyone could make it happen, SR.com could help.

Hinds County Sherriff's Dept.

601-857-8781

I'm just forwarding the message I got from the police. I don't know if it is possible or not; I figured if anyone could make it happen, SR.com could help.

Hinds County Sherriff's Dept.

601-857-8781

Maybe they should try to get in touch with Duece. He was from around that area somewhere and still has close ties to the orginazation. I really do not see this happening because it will no doubt open the floodgates for the rest of our fans wanting the same privilege.

Hey the team guys read this site! I made a boo boo and released something that was in the works but not solidified. It got back in a hurry. You can also post on the teams facebook page, they sent me a personnel reply about a week ago.

Hey the team guys read this site! I made a boo boo and released something that was in the works but not solidified. It got back in a hurry. You can also post on the teams facebook page, they sent me a personnel reply about a week ago.

If they do, then I hope someone might read this suggestion, an idea brought about by this thread. We have Championship Square now, how about having a Fan Tribute Wall or Tribute Bricks or whatever would work best. Put a cost of $100 (or whatever, going to charity) to have a passed fan's name added to the Tribute. I know I'd have $200 bucks out for my mom and dad in a second!

Sorry to hijack the thread for a minute. I hope something can be worked out for the officer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom