Help for the Contrarian - Can We Really do 8-8? (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
Haha - I just got back from a whole day meditation class - and what enters this clear relaxed mind????

Are these Saints possible of making a playoff run?

So the Undying, but bashful Optimist Homer in me is thinking:

• - SP really likes the character and heart of this team. And SP seems to be all the way back. Are we about to see why a massively injured team is so exciting to him?
    - By far our biggest concern for the offense that the O-line would be terrible and Drew would get beat to death, is now nearly a strength even with Armstead out?
    - Our drafts and major FAs signings over the past 3-4 years have not been as bad as I thought/feared?
    - This team outside a few players and one of the top 3 QB of all time, could not beat Bama?

So Who Dat Brothers and Sisters, should I dare allow myself to buy-in with my heart again with the hope, illusion/delusion/reality that we are really good enough to beat the 15-1 last year Panthers and make a playoff run?

Thanks all!

Haha - I just got back from a whole day meditation class - and what enters this clear relaxed mind????

So the Undying, but bashful Optimist Homer in me is thinking:

• - SP really likes the character and heart of this team. And SP seems to be all the way back. Are we about to see why a massively injured team is so exciting to him?
    - By far our biggest concern for the offense that the O-line would be terrible and Drew would get beat to death, is now nearly a strength even with Armstead out?
    - Our drafts and major FAs signings over the past 3-4 years have not been as bad as I thought/feared?
    - This team outside a few players and one of the top 3 QB of all time, could not beat Bama?

So Who Dat Brothers and Sisters, should I dare allow myself to buy-in with my heart again with the hope, illusion/delusion/reality that we are really good enough to beat the 15-1 last year Panthers and make a playoff run?

Thanks all!

Consider this, while we are 1-3, but of the three loses we had the lead or were tied in 2 of them. We are competing... that shouldn't change the rest of the year.

As long as we are competing there is a chance, especially with the make up of the NFC this year being very different then everyone expected 3 months ago.

We just don't have enough talent to complete defensively. It would take a minor miracle to finish at 8-8. I predicted 7-9 before the season started and prior to the injuries. Now it's looking like 5-11.

I think 10-6 is still in our possibility and that should be enough to get us in the playoffs in the NFC. Might even win the South but obviously we'd need some help from some teams playing Atlanta to do that. So far, other than maybe the Raiders I feel like they've caught most teams worst performance in their wins.

I predict 8 red thumbs for this post.....and then another 8.....and then another 8.....and then another 8.....and then another 8.....

I think we could do better than that, we could be 3-1 one now and with DB and rankins , we might have been 4-0, so let's see how the season pans out, before predicting gloom

More optimistic than I was when were 0-3. The teams we have lost to are fairing pretty well and the one we beat before the bye just beat the defending champs. There is hope.

I think the only way we make any run is if we can hold on while Delvin heals up.

I think when he comes back, our defense is going to turn things around greatly. If we can steal a couple wins and stave off too many losses while we're waiting on him, I think we have some potential.

That's just A LOT of big "ifs."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom