help me, I need a swamp tour (1 Viewer)

Expanding on what TPS said, IF you take I-10 instead of 90, there is one in Laplace. Don't remember the name and I have never been there, so I don't know if they are any good.

Are you sure that you are ready to get back on the water again? :_rofl:
haha. sigh. Yes, this is Comedy Central....you people are killing me...

How yall doing? Im so stinkin tired of working, and I need to be locked up in a car with kids on a long drive. My brain is turned to jelly from saying "The Greatest Hits of the 60's & 70s" - over & over ... and playing too much Eagles and Chicago. (makes gagging gesture)

Last edited:

f9956.jpg

If you take the US Hwy. 90 rather than the I-10, there are a bunch of them in and around the Des Allemans area. Zam's is the only name I can think of, but there are like 3 right there between Raceland and Des Allemans complete with highway road signs directing you to where they are. :shrug:

TPS

Mike, you're probably on the road, but if you read this, Steve's correct. the one off 3127 is nice from what I hear. If you take 310 south from I-10 of 310 north from hwy 90 3127 exit is right off of it. The swamp tour is about 2 miles on the left. Maybe not that far.

Score!!!

I got my swamp tour; thanks everyone. You know, it turns out swamp touring is a major industry. The fact that people will pay good money to see this stuff and walk away ecstatic afterward is just one more reason I love Louisiana. hahaha.

Boudreaux: "So what are our assets?"
Thibideaux: "Well, we have this swampland, an aluminum boat, some assorted creatures, and my friend Poche who plays an accordion."
Boudreaux: "Excellent. We'll catch some of the creatures and cover them in hot spices & cook them, paint up the aluminum boat, and call up Poche & tell him we have a gig for him. We'll charge city people big money for all this."
Thibideaux: "But Poche only sings French."
Boudreaux: "They'll like it even more."
Thibideaux: "We're gonna get rich."
Boudreaux: "Bye bye dead end job!."
This is what America is all about.

I found a guy named "Champagne," who took us out near Breaux Bridge. (I forgot to ask him how to pronounce his name.) Really nice fellow, with a cool no-nonsense boat, lots of fun facts, amazing scenery & wildlife, and ALLIGATORS! everywhere! Yeah! Casey & I had a great time, and the kids were very impressed. They'll be talking about this all week at school.

I realize that, for a few of you, me saying you should check out a swamp would be like you telling me I should check out some Houston traffic. But I think we do forget what we have in our own back yard, and I find the business of tourism quite fascinating.

Casey took some wonderful pictures. We'll share them as soon as I get a minute. They're truly amazing. Everybody go out and do something fun!

I got my swamp tour; thanks everyone. You know, it turns out swamp touring is a major industry. The fact that people will pay good money to see this stuff and walk away ecstatic afterward is just one more reason I love Louisiana. hahaha.

Boudreaux: "So what are our assets?"
Thibideaux: "Well, we have this swampland, an aluminum boat, some assorted creatures, and my friend Poche who plays an accordion."
Boudreaux: "Excellent. We'll catch some of the creatures and cover them in hot spices & cook them, paint up the aluminum boat, and call up Poche & tell him we have a gig for him. We'll charge city people big money for all this."
Thibideaux: "But Poche only sings French."
Boudreaux: "They'll like it even more."
Thibideaux: "We're gonna get rich."
Boudreaux: "Bye bye dead end job!."
This is what America is all about.

I found a guy named "Champagne," who took us out near Breaux Bridge. (I forgot to ask him how to pronounce his name.) Really nice fellow, with a cool no-nonsense boat, lots of fun facts, amazing scenery & wildlife, and ALLIGATORS! everywhere! Yeah! Casey & I had a great time, and the kids were very impressed. They'll be talking about this all week at school.

I realize that, for a few of you, me saying you should check out a swamp would be like you telling me I should check out some Houston traffic. But I think we do forget what we have in our own back yard, and I find the business of tourism quite fascinating.

Casey took some wonderful pictures. We'll share them as soon as I get a minute. They're truly amazing. Everybody go out and do something fun!

Since you made it back safely, I take it you weren't piloting the boat? :hihi:

Sounds like it was fun....much more fun than Houston traffic....:covri:

Ladies & Gentleman: The Swamp.

--- Casey takes nice pictures. The kids were visibly dazzled too.

Attachments

• IMG_0546.jpg
    IMG_0546.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0542.jpg
    IMG_0542.jpg
    362 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0522.jpg
    IMG_0522.jpg
    352.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0538.jpg
    IMG_0538.jpg
    381.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0529.jpg
    IMG_0529.jpg
    340.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
wait, there's more!

Call me weird, but I think swamps are beautiful... and interesting.
So here I am -- trying to find a way to add the letters E-A-U-X to my name.

Since Kaseimo took these pics, I realized she isnt in any of them. And that is such a loss, that I mus include something with her. Here she is with radio legend Paul Christy, a bit close, I observe.

Attachments

• IMG_0543.jpg
    IMG_0543.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0528.jpg
    IMG_0528.jpg
    332 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Looks like it was a fun trip!

Drew and I can't wait to see ya'll next weekend, assuming that we're all still on for Woodrow's for the draft?

Paul Christy looks like a dirty old man...:hihi:

I don't know if we would call you weird because you like swamps but...

:_rofl: :hookline: :_rofl:

Seriously, it looks like a great thing to do. Next time you're going to have to take me along.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom