Help me name my new dog to be... (1 Viewer)

What name do you like best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"Dixie" is perfect for her! And I am SO glad you took her in. (I was soooooo tempted to take her in myself) :no: Thank you!!!

I hate girly dog names. My own vicious boxer is "chelsea" (named by the wife). Why can't chicks get back to "cutesie" names instead of sophisticated chick names for dogs? I don't get it. I mean the old stuff made popular when men ruled (Bowser, Killer, Huff, Max, Sam, Rover, etc.) weren't any better. But this stuff is borderline ridiculous.

Circa 2000

http://petrix.com/dognames/examiner.html

It's funny because I actually know someone with a Max and Mollie (teh ghey).

What about, as the article suggested, something cool that fits in with the dog? Fang, one-eye, ugly, whatever. JMO

At least my dog's middle name (yeah, it's an AKC) is Twinkletoes (named by my daughter, thus the ghey theme) but she has alternating black and pink toes. So it kind of halfway makes sense.

She kills on command at least. :shrug:

TPS

My championed blood lined, 100% AKC pedigreed black lab is the dumbest animal I've ever had an encounter with. He thinks our cats are cool too...he thinks they are cool chew toys. I never should have gotten those cats declawed to teach this dog a lesson...For the record, here's our pets.

Mini-schnauzer "Prince"
Maltese mut mix "Peyton"
cat "Eli"
Black lab "Cooper"
cat "Archie"

I hate girly dog names. My own vicious boxer is "chelsea" (named by the wife). Why can't chicks get back to "cutesie" names instead of sophisticated chick names for dogs? I don't get it. I mean the old stuff made popular when men ruled (Bowser, Killer, Huff, Max, Sam, Rover, etc.) weren't any better. But this stuff is borderline ridiculous.

Circa 2000

http://petrix.com/dognames/examiner.html

It's funny because I actually know someone with a Max and Mollie (teh ghey).

What about, as the article suggested, something cool that fits in with the dog? Fang, one-eye, ugly, whatever. JMO

At least my dog's middle name (yeah, it's an AKC) is Twinkletoes (named by my daughter, thus the ghey theme) but she has alternating black and pink toes. So it kind of halfway makes sense.

She kills on command at least. :shrug:

TPS

:plus-un2:

I once had a pitbull that was white with brown spots on it that I named **** Stains.

I posted this in my blog today. I thought I would put it here too..

We drove to Vicksburg to meet blemns to pick up the dog yesterday. We got there a little before 5, and the kids enjoyed looking at the river, the tracks, and everything. We went with Dixie for the name. Dixie was very good on the way back. I put her in the very back, and she did good. She eventually moved up to join Mal, Brock and Hayden in the middle seats. She sat on Mal and Brocks lap most of the way. She is a little bigger than I thought she would be. I guess pictures are deceiving. After arriving home, I got her by the leash to take her in. I knew the cats would run straight to the door as they always do, so I led her slowly so they could make a quick departure when they noticed her. Which they did promptly, and Dixie thought they were so interesting. I put her in the house in the living room behind the childs gate. She was really excited and looked about. She still had the cats on her mind though. A tiny bit later after getting everyone in the house, I took her out to use the bathroom. Of coure the cats were right at the door when I opened it. They shot out quickly. She did her thing, and came back in. Repeated that a couple of hours later.

I let her sleep with me "on" the bed even last night. She just stayed at the foot of the bed. She woke me up nicely at 6:10, and I got up and took her out to use the bathroom. The cats shot away quickly. I usually keep the cats inside while the kids get on the bus, because Wally will wander out into the road. So, I went into the backyard. Checked the gate, and decided to put Dixie back there to play, and let the cats come in for a bit. This is what I did. She stayed at the sliding glass window, looking inside barking at the cats. After a little while. I didn't see her. I looked in the backyard, and she was not there. I put the cats in the laundry room and headed outside to get her. She was right there when I opened the door. So, I put her in my bedroom.

So, at this point Dixie is in my bedroom, and The 2 cats are in the laundry room. I got the kids off to school, I fed Hayden, and then sat down to google "cats and dogs living in Harmony", well not exactly that, but looking on ways to make it work. From what I read, I decided to let Dixie come out into the living room, while the cats were in the kitchen. Dixie thought this was GREAT! She really wanted to be in the kitchen playing with Wally and Padme. They cats got scared, and I thought I might let them outside at this point. Well, Dixie came over the gate, and now all 3 are in the kitchen. When Dixie did not pounce on either cat, but stood her distance while they hissed and spat at her. I thought I would just let it go.....

Its now over 2 hours later, and All three of them are asleep in the kitchen. Ah....it really can work. I know they are not "friends" yet, but I can tell that they eventually will be friends and live in Harmony together!!

Adding now.....They are still all in the kitchen. Of course have taken dixie out a few times today, and she just went for a walk with the kids.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom