Help me out - spider identification (1 Viewer)

nolastyle

The Future Has Arrived
Reaction score
Little guy was hanging out on my patio shades. I'd rather not kill him unless he's dangerous. I haven't seen a spider with those markings before.20200608_182901.jpg
20200608_181812.jpg

Brown widow... Related to black. Flip over should have orange hourglass under abdomen

And I don't think poisonous like the black widow

Aaaand nm... Male is not female as poisonous as cousin black widow. That's a female therefore she gots ta geaux

So I saw a new bug -- at least to me -- tonight. I couldn't get a pic of it because I don't use my phone in the shower but I think this was it. Anyway, he can't swim.

1591661858590.png

Male and juveniles of both the black and brown widow species are not poisonous. You wouldn’t probably recognize one if you saw them.

The brown widow is slightly less poisonous than the black widow. That being said by all means kill it with fire. But before you do look for the web and feel it so that you know what it feels like. That way it’s really easy to find them. That messy thrown together web that is super strong.

Okay, so feeling the web of a poisonous spider is another thing I’m not doing. What is wrong with you people? 😨🥺

Male and juveniles of both the black and brown widow species are not poisonous. You wouldn’t probably recognize one if you saw them.

The brown widow is slightly less poisonous than the black widow. That being said by all means kill it with fire. But before you do look for the web and feel it so that you know what it feels like. That way it’s really easy to find them. That messy thrown together web that is super strong.
you're burying the lede
start with kill with fire
OP might be dead by the time he gets to the salient part

Thanks for the info. No web around that I can find but I'll keep an eye out for more.

To update, spider is dead and I am not. Winning! Tried to kill it without destroying the body to look for the orange hourglass but plans changed when she fell/dived off the shades near my feet. Nothing left to look at after that.

So I saw a new bug -- at least to me -- tonight. I couldn't get a pic of it because I don't use my phone in the shower but I think this was it. Anyway, he can't swim.

1591661858590.png
Chuck is right, get rid of it immediately.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom