Help! My first RROD... (1 Viewer)

SigFreudianSlip

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I have had the box for about a year....but don't have my receipt anymore......will I have to pay to have it repaired? Bought it at gamestop. Any info much appreciated....

I can't even find the box. I'm screwed. Looked on the back and it was made in dec of 06. Crazy that it is already broken.....had another one I gave to my kids and have since learned that that one rrod too. Pathetic. I can't afford to buy another one.....

NP

My box went RROD on me a few weeks ago. No receipt, no nothing. All I had to do was read off the ID # to the customer service rep and they verified the date purchased, etc etc etc.

They sent me a box, I put it in the box, and I got a (suposedly) brand new unit.

Good luck.

just go to the customer service section of the xbox home page. They will send you a box and you just send your xbox to them. I've had to do it three times already. it takes a while for them to fix it though

BTW buy an inter cooler system problems will go away

I have had the box for about a year....but don't have my receipt anymore......will I have to pay to have it repaired? Bought it at gamestop. Any info much appreciated....

Call the Xbox hotline, and read the serial # to them. You'll be registered, and they'll send you a box to ship it, and in a week or two you'll have a brand new console. Buy an intercooler for $20 and save yourself any future trouble.

You're lucky. My Xbrick died without a RROD and it was 13 months old.... it is now in peices due to anger.

Picked up a buddy's premium w/ hdd and 2 controllers for $200 though ;)

Call the Xbox hotline, and read the serial # to them. You'll be registered, and they'll send you a box to ship it, and in a week or two you'll have a brand new console. Buy an intercooler for $20 and save yourself any future trouble.

I've actually heard that the intercooler is not such a great tool as it puts a strain on the psu

the reviews on amazon tend to point that the intercooler does far more bad than good, i would be very wary of using it.

Okay, I understand liking certain games on the xbox. But judging from posts on these forums it's obvious the thing isn't built very well. Why keep rebuying something that will break down?

Just curious. If you could play Halo quality games on another platform or substitute whatever xbox game you like, would you say good-bye to Microsoft's problematic console.

In other words, is it the hardware or simply the content that keeps you purchasing an xbox?

I play Halo and Madden.. that is all. So buying a PS3 for Madden is not worth it as I wont be able to play Halo :p

I was told my 360 was out of warranty and i explained to them that if it was indeed out of warranty, then i would just buy a PS3. they sent a box and extended the warranty...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom