Help! My first RROD... (1 Viewer)

I play Halo and Madden.. that is all. So buying a PS3 for Madden is not worth it as I wont be able to play Halo :p

I've played all three halo's and I don't see what the hype is all about.

Okay, I understand liking certain games on the xbox. But judging from posts on these forums it's obvious the thing isn't built very well. Why keep rebuying something that will break down?

Just curious. If you could play Halo quality games on another platform or substitute whatever xbox game you like, would you say good-bye to Microsoft's problematic console.

In other words, is it the hardware or simply the content that keeps you purchasing an xbox?

its the content. i didnt want to get the first xbox when it came out, but too many good games were coming out, and i felt like i had to get it.

then for the 360, i wanted to play the exclusives, and xbox live is good stuff. im not a fanboy, because i definitely despise microsoft and feel its somewhat of a necessary evil. i buy all major systems, and as soon as some more worthy titles come out for the ps3 (and they stop changing their mind on the hard drive size and system capabilities) ill be buying one.

Okay, I understand liking certain games on the xbox. But judging from posts on these forums it's obvious the thing isn't built very well. Why keep rebuying something that will break down?

Just curious. If you could play Halo quality games on another platform or substitute whatever xbox game you like, would you say good-bye to Microsoft's problematic console.

In other words, is it the hardware or simply the content that keeps you purchasing an xbox?

It's a combination of Live and the games. I have all three current gen consoles so I may not be the best person to ask but the reason I use my 360 more than my PS3 is the software and Live. I find Live just a more asthetically pleasing experience than the PSNetwork....as far as games no one can argue that the 360 has been a much better console to own when it gets down to games. That may change in the future, but even now....it's not even close. All you have to do is look at the NPD numbers for software sales and IIRC the only game that was in the top 10 for PS3 was the Rainbow Six game.

IF GTA and MGS4 can sell some consoles that number will probably even out a bit....we'll see.

as far as games no one can argue that the 360 has been a much better console to own when it gets down to games.

I disagree. I also have a 360 and all I play is Warhawk and now The Show 08 which are only available on the PS3....so I could argue about it all day. :)

The 360 does have more games to choose from, but they are mostly first person shooters and filler if they are exclusive, IMO. If you like first person shooters, then yes...the 360 is for you as of now. Other then that, you can get most of the good games on the PS3 that are also available on the 360 and get a better system alltogether.

I disagree. I also have a 360 and all I play is Warhawk and now The Show 08 which are only available on the PS3....so I could argue about it all day. :)

The 360 does have more games to choose from, but they are mostly first person shooters and filler if they are exclusive, IMO. If you like first person shooters, then yes...the 360 is for you as of now. Other then that, you can get most of the good games on the PS3 that are also available on the 360 and get a better system alltogether.

Well.....it's all subjective because what you consider better I consider untapped potential. I hope they justify the grand I've spent on Sony this generation.....having a blu-ray player is all that's made it worth my while to this point. When they can start putting out great games at a clip resembling the PS2 generation then I'll be happy. Man, when the PS2 ruled the world it seemed like there was a great game every week coming out.......

I miss that.

Well.....it's all subjective because what you consider better I consider untapped potential. I hope they justify the grand I've spent on Sony this generation.....having a blu-ray player is all that's made it worth my while to this point. When they can start putting out great games at a clip resembling the PS2 generation then I'll be happy. Man, when the PS2 ruled the world it seemed like there was a great game every week coming out.......

I miss that.

Have you tried Warhawk or The Show? I didn't like either one at first, but after playing a few hours of each, they are great games. Warhawk consistantly got over 8.0 reviews from all of the video game critics except maybe one or two and even higher with user ratings collectively. I don't remember what the ratings were for The Show, but I know they were pretty high. Plus, get this...Warhawk is NOT a first person shooter. W00t. :rock:

Have you tried Warhawk or The Show? I didn't like either one at first, but after playing a few hours of each, they are great games. Warhawk consistantly got over 8.0 reviews from all of the video game critics except maybe one or two and even higher with user ratings collectively. I don't remember what the ratings were for The Show, but I know they were pretty high. Plus, get this...Warhawk is NOT a first person shooter. W00t. :rock:

I used to love baseball games back in the Triple Play era.....I just can't get into them anymore....as far as warhawk...I'm ashamed to say I bought it a month ago and haven't even taken the shrink wrap off of it yet because I've been so busy with work....but I'm gonna eventually break it out...

heck I've also got Zelda Twilight Princess that I've yet to open as well...so many good games so little time. I wish I had the time to play that I had when I was a snot nose.....

I used to love baseball games back in the Triple Play era.....I just can't get into them anymore....as far as warhawk...I'm ashamed to say I bought it a month ago and haven't even taken the shrink wrap off of it yet because I've been so busy with work....but I'm gonna eventually break it out...

heck I've also got Zelda Twilight Princess that I've yet to open as well...so many good games so little time. I wish I had the time to play that I had when I was a snot nose.....

Same here with Zelda. I'll get around to it one of these days. I played it for about 30 minutes total and it was pretty interesting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom