Help with the backyard (1 Viewer)

An area that stays wet and is in shade is not conducive to healthy grass. Try to mitigate both if you plan to sod. St. Aug is more shade tolerant than other turf grasses.

images

-may want to downsize a bit

may wanna drive down to hope depot and throw a couple of those mexican giants in the back of your pickup to help you out

astro turf, may not be cheep but maint free
i have spots where nothing will grow, high traffic
works great. was free so i don't know prices
I did this for my backyard of similar size. Shade prohibited grass growth so my dogs were constantly tracking mud and dirt. Turf was a pain in the rear to install, but worth it.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Abandon a car or boat back there. Will provide shade for your dog(s) and kids love to play on abandon stuff... :rolleyes:

Attachments

• kidscar.jpg
    kidscar.jpg
    316 KB · Views: 4
  • dog car.jpg
    dog car.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 40
These solutions are spot on, but in the short term so your little one can play.....buy Timothy hay at your local feed store. It's soft, east to spread (your kid can do it for fun), and cheap. We have a problem similar to yours with big oak trees. I've tried sod, ended up dying. We happen to have a bale for our chicken coup and I tried it. Perfect solution! The hay can go down thick or thin, it will flatten and last weeks. The just throw some more down. You can do this even if you seed. We're enjoying our back yard again, me and my 10 yr old....cornhole, fricket, etc....

These solutions are spot on, but in the short term so your little one can play.....buy Timothy hay at your local feed store. It's soft, east to spread (your kid can do it for fun), and cheap. We have a problem similar to yours with big oak trees. I've tried sod, ended up dying. We happen to have a bale for our chicken coup and I tried it. Perfect solution! The hay can go down thick or thin, it will flatten and last weeks. The just throw some more down. You can do this even if you seed. We're enjoying our back yard again, me and my 10 yr old....cornhole, fricket, etc....

thanks -
i went back yesterday and it had dried up (so that's maybe 2-3 'dryer' days after weeks of rain) so i'm going to keep an eye and if the water does stay, i'm def going with this hay solution
also might keep an eye out for "come take it away" playsets and put it over the trouble spot

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom