Help zeroing in my rifle (1 Viewer)

NolaFord

Modnar!
Reaction score
So I'm trying to zero in my 30-06. I have a laser bore sighter. On the target the laser is centered but is 4 inches low at 25 yards. But the rifle shoots just barely off center. I'm kind of confused as to why this is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

The path of the projectile will rise then fall. 4" is a little low for a 30-06 but depending on your projectile weight it could be right. As long as the rifle is shooting on target it should be fine.

Thank you, I pushed the target out to 100yards and it shot 2 inch off which is right by the ballistics graph. Just need to get it over just a bit and it will be dead on. Thanks for the response

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I've always heard that the lasers were not an accurate tool to use?

Bore sights are too inconsistent. Not worth the money. Sight in at 25 yards. Each click us 1/16 of an inch, so if you are 6 inches left, you will have alot of adjustment to make.

Get it to where it's 1/2 inch low at 25 yards and dead center and you are good to fine tune at 100yds.

At 25yds a 3 shot group look like a ragged hole. If its 3 separate holes either you aren't accurate or the gun isn't.

you using a lead sled?
there are other factors such as age of the barrel, if its "broken in" and barrel temp.

A gun vice is helpful. 25 yards, 3 shots, adjust scope. Repeat until satisfied. Thats for 100 yard zero.

Bore sights, laser sighting or starting out at 25 yds. is just to get you on paper without wasting a lot of ammo before throwing rounds down to the 100 yd. target and not knowing where they hit when the paper target is missed completely.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom