Henderson: long routes, yes; short, crossing route = drops What's Up? (1 Viewer)

NateDog#12

Reaction score
Henderson is a great deep threat receiver. He truely stretches the field and makes the big catches. But why does he drop the easy ones. If it is a curl pattern or short crosssing route he always seems to drop them. Is it a function of being scared of being hit or trying to run without the ball. I can't figure it out. Payton seems to keep him away from that type of route, which just makes it easier for the DBs to stay behind him. In the past I was supportive of him being cut because of these easy drops. Now I put up with them because he has been deliverying the big plays. Can anyone explain this?

gpupil

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I'm wondering the same thing, he dropped 1 pass. And, did you watch last week? Last year?

Domeination

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Please. He's had one drop in 2 games and has otherwise played great. Colston had more drops in the Detroit game than Devery had today. That long catch was a thing of beauty. Receivers drop the ball from time to time. It's an extremely demanding position to play.

SaintsIn2009

BRING THE WOOD!!!
Reaction score
Dude, ONE drop!!! That's it. Stop this useless thread and act like you have some football knowledge.

FFSaint

uh, no.
Reaction score
1 dropped pass is not a reason to worry. Colston drops passes also. Devery's spectacular catch today was enough to forget about a drop that didnt prevent a first down or anything like that.

LafourcheSaint

Silvergun Superman
Reaction score
I recall one drop by Henderson today, and it was one of those situations where he would have gotten smoked if he had caught it.

He has been awesome this year so far.

TribuneUK

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Wow, this is a great new topic I never saw discussed here before.

daybreaker

STH since 2006
Reaction score
He had some rough over the middle catches last week. This week, he dropped his first one, and I thought "Oh no, here we go again" but then he made several great catches, including some clutch ones.

I really think Devery might have finally turned that corner.

Bongzilla

Name is not what u think.
Reaction score
This is a classic case of people only seeing what they want to see

CitySaint

SR is my life!
Reaction score
8 catches 174 yds and a Td in 2 games

He's looking good to me.

Kamara Time in NO

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Man, you really need to rethink this. Devery has been outstanding this year and a real difference maker. That catch he made to get the Saints out of terrible field position was a thing of beauty.

OP
NateDog#12

NateDog#12

Reaction score
As I said, he has been making the big plays and I'm 100 % behind him. I'm just trying to understand, over his whole Saints body of work, he struggles with these shorter passes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom