Henderson: long routes, yes; short, crossing route = drops What's Up? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Henderson is a great deep threat receiver. He truely stretches the field and makes the big catches. But why does he drop the easy ones. If it is a curl pattern or short crosssing route he always seems to drop them. Is it a function of being scared of being hit or trying to run without the ball. I can't figure it out. Payton seems to keep him away from that type of route, which just makes it easier for the DBs to stay behind him. In the past I was supportive of him being cut because of these easy drops. Now I put up with them because he has been deliverying the big plays. Can anyone explain this?

I'm wondering the same thing, he dropped 1 pass. And, did you watch last week? Last year?

Please. He's had one drop in 2 games and has otherwise played great. Colston had more drops in the Detroit game than Devery had today. That long catch was a thing of beauty. Receivers drop the ball from time to time. It's an extremely demanding position to play.

Dude, ONE drop!!! That's it. Stop this useless thread and act like you have some football knowledge.

1 dropped pass is not a reason to worry. Colston drops passes also. Devery's spectacular catch today was enough to forget about a drop that didnt prevent a first down or anything like that.

I recall one drop by Henderson today, and it was one of those situations where he would have gotten smoked if he had caught it.

He has been awesome this year so far.

Wow, this is a great new topic I never saw discussed here before.

He had some rough over the middle catches last week. This week, he dropped his first one, and I thought "Oh no, here we go again" but then he made several great catches, including some clutch ones.

I really think Devery might have finally turned that corner.

This is a classic case of people only seeing what they want to see

8 catches 174 yds and a Td in 2 games

He's looking good to me.

Man, you really need to rethink this. Devery has been outstanding this year and a real difference maker. That catch he made to get the Saints out of terrible field position was a thing of beauty.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom