Henderson: long routes, yes; short, crossing route = drops What's Up? (1 Viewer)

As I said, he has been making the big plays and I'm 100 % behind him. I'm just trying to understand, over his whole Saints body of work, he struggles with these shorter passes.

As I said, he has been making the big plays and I'm 100 % behind him. I'm just trying to understand, over his whole Saints body of work, he struggles with these shorter passes.

Just saying if you're 100% behind him then you would know that devery has made a 180 degree turnaround on catching the ball, am sort of speechless as to why you would start this thread. (JMO)

devery isnt a physical player and will drop some balls when he hears footsteps. get over it.

Just saying if you're 100% behind him then you would know that devery has made a 180 degree turnaround on catching the ball, am sort of speechless as to why you would start this thread. (JMO)

Exactly. This is like saying, " what's up with Brees? He was not very consistent 5 years ago in San Diego." or "what's up with Payton, when's he going to run the ball."

The thing I'm most proud of is that our team is evolving and I think that is the key to getting to the next level.

The threads on the days we score for LESS than 40 points are going to be horrendous if this is what we're getting now.

I know we are not supposed to insult or attack people on these forums but sorry. I have to say that the OP is a fricking idiot. Just.... wow.

:plus-un2:

I may use this post as my signature if you dont mind. I feel like this could have been said a 100 times on the gameday chat today. That way rather than me getting an infraction, I can say, OP, please refer to my sig. LOL

That bomb he caught from Brees with the defender grabbing on his jersey was a thing of beauty. He has improved by leaps and bounds. I saw one drop, he has been money. I think he gets 1000 yards this season, Devery has arrived!

ha_thumbsdn.gif

Are you drunk, watching replays of 2 years ago? If you say yes, this will explain your thread.

Henderson is a great deep threat receiver. He truely stretches the field and makes the big catches. But why does he drop the easy ones. If it is a curl pattern or short crosssing route he always seems to drop them. Is it a function of being scared of being hit or trying to run without the ball. I can't figure it out. Payton seems to keep him away from that type of route, which just makes it easier for the DBs to stay behind him. In the past I was supportive of him being cut because of these easy drops. Now I put up with them because he has been deliverying the big plays. Can anyone explain this?

Devery had the fewest drops on the team last year with 2. I only recall him having 1 today. What's your point?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom