HennessyROB at the movies:Stranger than Fiction (1 Viewer)

HennessyRob

NOLA Raised
Reaction score
Despite the fact that Jules and I watched this movie with the weirdest audience, we enjoyed it. Emma Thompson shined, and Ferrel and Gyllenhaal had good chemistry as well. The movie was well written, and Dustin Hoffman had a few lines that were as funny as some of the stuff that Borat said. However, Queen Latifah's acting was as if she was in a "Play" instead of in a movie. Her character was unnecessary, could've been played by anyone, and brought nothing to the film. That being said, the ending was perfect.
Now about the audience. There was a lady sitting behind us eating what smelled like an onion and Bear meat sandwich. An older couple to our left cried laughing when their was nothing funny going on in the movie. They did that the entire movie. And finally, a guy came into the theater about 30 min into the film who seemed to have done a "Pee Wee Herman" and went to sleep. He was snoring (and choking!) so loudly that we couldn't hear some dialogue. This was indeed the weirdest audience that we ever watched a movie with. With all of that being considered, we still enjoyed the movie and think you might too. 3 1/2 out of 5

I saw it today. I think Will Farrell was miscast in this movie - not that he was bad in it or anything, but it wasn't a Will Farrell-esque role. I was expecting a laugh out loud-fest in the mold of his character in Wedding Crashers or Old School, but it wasn't anything like that. It was more of a light romantic comedy with a twist. The premise of the movie was good and original and it played out well. I also agree with your chemistry comments, HRob.

Farrell said that he wanted to branch out with this role.

Adam Sandler did that with "Punch Drunk Love".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom