Henri (1 Viewer)

Since when is hitting 90s in October that unusual?

I dont remember in the past few years 90's in Oct.

But from what I have read its due to the upper level pattern that was influenced by this years El Nino.

Since when is hitting 90s in October that unusual?

You can add James Spann, a highly reputable meteorologist from the Birmingham area, to the list of global warming nay-sayers. In fact, there is quite a significant number of reputable meteorologists who are adamantly opposed to the notion of man-made climate change.

But what do they know? They're only considered experts in their profession of choice.

I think climate change has become very politicized, but the deniers often like to point out things like 65 degree days in august to mock people who do believe in climate change. Yet when we tie the record HIGH TEMP in October, they dont say a peep. (and when is hitting 90s in Oct unusual? WE TIED THE RECORD. So it must be pretty dang unusual)

I'm not saying I believe in climate change one way or the other. Just pointing out the inconsistencies inherent in the arguments that people like Bob Breck like to use to mock those who believe it.

Anyone ever heard of the Urban Heat Island Effect?? :shrug:
Yep. All those concrete buildings and concrete or asphalt roads soaking up all the heat and then very slowly releasing it during the night, preventing the normal dissipation of heat into the night air.

Keeping thread alive because whatever is left will be in the gulf next week.

Attachments

• henri9.jpg
    henri9.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom