Henri (1 Viewer)

chrisandersen

The new section 152
Reaction score
Early model runs suggest it may miss the Leewards to the north, but those in the area should watch.
Henri will have a good deal of shear and poor conditions to look forward to in the future, which may keep it from lasting too long. Keep watch on it, though.

Attachments

• Henri1.jpg
    Henri1.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 3
Are we really just on "H"? It's been remarkably quiet huh?

I'm eneree the 8th I am

eneree the 8th I am I am...

(sorry. Thread title got this stuck in my head. No fair for me to be the only one, so take that. Let it sink in. Ummm.)

Yes,Henri will turn out to be a dud.good news.We have been fortunate this season as far as Ocean Storms go.Let's Hope it stays that way for years to come.:9:

It's possible the shear could kill it. However, the models have done a very poor job with this storm to this point. If it survives the next couple of days, the shear will relax and could allow some intensification. Then again, it could get ripped up by Hispaniola, so who knows at this point. Just a wait and see.

Hate this left turn projection. Hoping it gets torn up and goes away.

Attachments

• henri3plot.jpg
    henri3plot.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 0
  • henri3.jpg
    henri3.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 0
Well, if it doesn turn left and crosses Hispaniola as a weak storm, I would think that Hispaniola itself would kill it.

Are we really just on "H"? It's been remarkably quiet huh?

Bob Breck is upset that they even named the "G" storm - it was only around for like 12 hours, formed north of the 40th parallel, and was already on its way Northeast towards the UK... He's pretty sure its a conspiracy by NOAA to help them reach their prediction numbers so they can keep getting funding.

I wish Bob Breck would keep politics out of his weather blog though, because he's one of these vehement "Global Climate Change is a myth" people who, back in August when we had cool weather, mocked Global Warming, yet doesnt say anything at all when we hit the 90s in October.

Bob Breck is upset that they even named the "G" storm - it was only around for like 12 hours, formed north of the 40th parallel, and was already on its way Northeast towards the UK... He's pretty sure its a conspiracy by NOAA to help them reach their prediction numbers so they can keep getting funding.

I wish Bob Breck would keep politics out of his weather blog though, because he's one of these vehement "Global Climate Change is a myth" people who, back in August when we had cool weather, mocked Global Warming, yet doesnt say anything at all when we hit the 90s in October.

The G storm was a reach. But I'm not sure it has as much to do with funding as it has to do with bragging rights on getting the number right.

Breck always seemed like a weenie... thanks for confirming it.

Since when is hitting 90s in October that unusual?

You can add James Spann, a highly reputable meteorologist from the Birmingham area, to the list of global warming nay-sayers. In fact, there is quite a significant number of reputable meteorologists who are adamantly opposed to the notion of man-made climate change.

But what do they know? They're only considered experts in their profession of choice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom