Herbert should now have beaten Brees, Brady and Mahomes (2 Viewers)

So funny. I didn’t think his performance tonight was all that impressive.

Don’t get me wrong, the tools are there and he could end up being great. But his plays tonight were a direct result of huge miscues by the defense that have plagued us all year.

Don’t get me wrong, the tools are there and he could end up being great. But his plays tonight were a direct result of huge miscues by the defense that have plagued us all year.
Oof.

Well I was impress with some of his throws. Those td passes were veteran type throws in tight window. But he did make some rookie mistakes. Play calling was kind of conservative to protect him. But he did a good job for the most part. We did do a good job on getting pressure. But with experiences and a little bit of understanding the NFL game, he will be very good.

If I hadn't looked at the stats I would have said they'd be lucky to have gotten 200 yards.
The 3 and outs and 3rd down conversions need to improve on offense.
The whole game people kept saying we're lucky the Chargers suck.
It seems like teams can completely stall on offense and toss it up on 3rd and 15 and end up with 40 yards.
I've seen pretty much every Saints game since '03ish and I seem to have more confidence on 3rd and 5 rather than 3rd and 15.
It's a weird stat but 3rd and long seems to be a death sentence for us.

He was good at escaping pressure and threw some nice deep balls. He missed a bunch of intermediate throws though. Making good decisions and consistently disecting the 10-20 range is the bread and butter of a NFL QB.

I was impressed with him as a rookie but time will tell.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom