Here come the toughest 2 months of Saints football (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
And I am not talking about the schedule or the weather

This is the time of the year that the Grinch ( aka RG) will motivate his minions ( aka refs) to steal the NO Christmas...

Death, taxes and Refs beating the Saints.....just some unavoidable unpleasant truths

The first 3 months of the NFL is about giving hope, so people in all 32 cities go out and buy their teams merchandise

....the last 2 months ( dec and Jan) are NOT about " may the best team win"....rather may the two teams " best for the financial success" of the NFL go to the SB

Love my Saints, will always do so!!!

If you really feel that way why keep watching?? I just think if I felt someone was screwing up my life I would distance myself from them.

Goodell didn’t make Williams miss that tackle. He also didn’t make the refs swallow their whistles. Do I think the league wanted the Rams to win? Yes, but not the way things turned out. That was egg on the face.

If you really feel that way why keep watching?? I just think if I felt someone was screwing up my life I would distance myself from them.

Yeah, I agree. But I'm carefully watching, gathering evidence and events. The moment I conclude game outcome purposely isn't in the hands of the players, I'm a gone pecan.

I still have hope, but the way things are structured, the Ref's can do what they want to punish Boss Goodell and his complaining coaches with few repercussions.

The Diggs TD at the end of the Vikings playoff game was a fluke... terrible luck for the Saints... it absolutely sucked but I was able to get over it pretty quick because “ish happens”.

The screw-job vs the Rams was completely different. It changed the way I view the NFL, and that will never change moving forward. Goodell and the league had the opportunity to fix it, and instead they completely ignored it.

Yeah, I agree. But I'm carefully watching, gathering evidence and events. The moment I conclude game outcome purposely isn't in the hands of the players, I'm a gone pecan.

I still have hope, but the way things are structured, the Ref's can do what they want to punish Boss Goodell and his complaining coaches with few repercussions.
Who's going to compile the complete dossiers on the ref crews going ahead?

I feel like we need a public analytics site independent of the league to track tendencies of refs....

Who's going to compile the complete dossiers on the ref crews going ahead?

I feel like we need a public analytics site independent of the league to track tendencies of refs....

I'm just keeping a loose mental tally, and giving the benefit of the doubt.

The Ref's unions will never allow independent statistics, it could make them look bad. :hihi:

I'm just keeping a loose mental tally, and giving the benefit of the doubt.

The Ref's unions will never allow independent statistics, it could make them look bad. :hihi:
It could be done but not sure how you could make enough money to justify the exercise. Just watch all the games and track the calls by crew and build a data base. You'd have to capture all the dimensions like type of penalty, players involved, down and distance, who called it, what was the spread, Playoffs vs regular season season and on an on.

Not an insignificant effort but the patters you could see over time I bet would be eye opening.

The Diggs TD at the end of the Vikings playoff game was a fluke... terrible luck for the Saints... it absolutely sucked but I was able to get over it pretty quick because “ish happens”.

The screw-job vs the Rams was completely different. It changed the way I view the NFL, and that will never change moving forward. Goodell and the league had the opportunity to fix it, and instead they completely ignored it.
Sean Payton ought to be pretty steamed about the whole "we can now review PI calls and non-calls" thing. Yeah they can review them, but the rate of overturned calls or no-calls there, I will lay odds, is significantly below the rate of overturned calls on other plays.

I know this is only a 1-year experiment... but for sure the league will say "well the overturn rate was so low that we will drop it for the future."

And I am not talking about the schedule or the weather

This is the time of the year that the Grinch ( aka RG) will motivate his minions ( aka refs) to steal the NO Christmas...

Death, taxes and Refs beating the Saints.....just some unavoidable unpleasant truths

The first 3 months of the NFL is about giving hope, so people in all 32 cities go out and buy their teams merchandise

....the last 2 months ( dec and Jan) are NOT about " may the best team win"....rather may the two teams " best for the financial success" of the NFL go to the SB

Love my Saints, will always do so!!!

Don't say I didn't say so....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom