Here comes the plant-based 'fish' (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Honestly, it’s all good - if people like it enough to eat it, fine by me. Overfishing is a problem. I've tried some of the plant-based meats and the idea, to me, isn't necessarily that you don't ever eat meat again (though some use it as a permanent substitute) - it's just that you can reduce overall demand and perhaps diversify your diet by having plant-based alternatives in your regular rotation.

Last edited:
Honestly, it’s all good - if people like it enough to eat it, fine by me. Overfishing is a problem. I've tried some of the plant-based meats and the idea, to me, isn't necessarily that you don't ever eat meat again (though some use it as a permanent substitute) - it's just that you can reduce overall demand and perhaps diversify your diet by having plant-based alternatives in your regular rotation.

I think it's kind of odd that you try to duplicate the things you are trying not eat by eating something else. I mean, if your goal is to not eat meat or fish, embrace that and eat the things you can in a way that tastes good.

With that said, the only problem with the fake "meat" that I've seen (Impossible, etc) is that it's not actually healthier - it has more fat and salt than meat, just so it tastes good (I get that you are saving the universe in other ways).

So ultimately, I guess, I don't really care, but if I'm going for a tuna profile, I would rather eat tuna. But I have also embraced some vegan/vegetarian choices lately, and I understand that point of view too. But injecting vegetarian built versions of meat (or fish) based products doesn't do a lot for me.

That is a no from me dawg. I will just eat more veggies then and rice n beans. That fake stuff is just more processed food.

I think it's kind of odd that you try to duplicate the things you are trying not eat by eating something else. I mean, if your goal is to not eat meat or fish, embrace that and eat the things you can in a way that tastes good.

With that said, the only problem with the fake "meat" that I've seen (Impossible, etc) is that it's not actually healthier - it has more fat and salt than meat, just so it tastes good (I get that you are saving the universe in other ways).

So ultimately, I guess, I don't really care, but if I'm going for a tuna profile, I would rather eat tuna. But I have also embraced some vegan/vegetarian choices lately, and I understand that point of view too. But injecting vegetarian built versions of meat (or fish) based products doesn't do a lot for me.

thats my take too. I never understood it for ice cream as an an example. I need to eat less ice cream. Sometimes I do but I will never start trying to buy in to any of the diet versions which are generally worse for you anyway. Eat less of what you need to eat less of but when you do eat it, get satisfied that you had it well so that you can do without it again for a while.

Chris Rocks take is "don't eat green meat" and it could probably be added "or meat that was ever green"

100% agree on all of this.

I didn't eat meat for almost 2 months last summer. I tried beyond meat and it tore my stomach up.

It bugs me when "they" try to market something like say Buffalo wings made from cauliflower as "try our vegan buffalo wings". Just call it Buffalo seasoned cauliflower.

Remember, too, that whatever's grown upriver from New Orleans, those pesticides and residue,etc, run straight out into the Gulf. We don't need a bigger dead zone, so I hope somebody's looking at the big picture.

What the heck is wrong with just eating real fish???
🤯

Nothing, but that's not what this thread is about.

Understood. I just don't see the need to try and make a plant based substitute for perfectly healthy food. Just my 2 cents, not trying to be argumentative or threadjack.
Peace.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom