Here is all you need to know about our playoff picture (1 Viewer)

6-0 with 5 games to go would be an incredible feat!!!!! :ezbill:

Saints are so good some wins count twice. :hihi:

Nice perspective S&C. I like our chances. Here's hoping the Saints continue to exceed expectations.

I don't want to look too far ahead but agree that if we win this one and take the Dallas game there's no telling how far we can go. We've already seen what happens when this team gets a head of steam and shot of adrenaline.

I think Carolina will lose 2 games. But still we need to take care of business. I say we need to win 3 out of teh last 5 games. Still tough when Cowboys, Giants, Panthers are still on that list!!!

If the panthers lose two more, then all we need to win is two and we clinch.

That's not correct.

We're one game up. If the Panthers go 2-2 and we go 2-2, we'd still only be one game up. Then if the Panthers beat us, they would be tied in record and have the tiebreaker over us (Head to head).

To lock the division _before_ we play the Panthers, we need to win one more game than they do in the next four games.

Everyone seams to be forgetting about the Seahawks. They are in the NFC and have played 4 games without Alexander or Hasselback and are still 7-4. They might be the team we have to try to outpace for a #2 seed.

And unfortunately the Panthers have some winable games on their schedule...

<table id="scheduleTable2" class="commonTable" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="rowEven"><td class="col1">Monday, December 4</td><td class="col2">
eagles_schedule.gif
@ Philadelphia</td><td class="col3">8:30 PM EST</td><td class="col4"> </td><td class="col5"> </td></tr><tr class="rowOdd"><td class="col1">Sunday, December 10</td><td class="col2">
giants_schedule.gif
Vs New York Giants</td><td class="col3">1:00 PM EST</td><td class="col4"> </td><td class="col5"> </td></tr><tr class="rowEven"><td class="col1">Sunday, December 17</td><td class="col2">
steelers_schedule%281%29.gif
Vs Pittsburgh</td><td class="col3">1:00 PM EST *</td><td class="col4"> </td><td class="col5"> </td></tr><tr class="rowOdd"><td class="col1">Sunday, December 24</td><td class="col2">
falcons_schedule.gif
@ Atlanta</td><td class="col3">1:00 PM EST</td><td class="col4"> </td><td class="col5"> </td></tr><tr class="rowEven"><td class="col1">Sunday, December 31</td><td class="col2">
saints_schedule.gif
@ New Orleans</td><td class="col3">1:00 PM EST *</td></tr></tbody></table>
I'm still guessing that the 12/31 game will be for the division.

I'll take homefield advantage throughout :ezbill:

c'mon Chicago, CHOKE!!!!!! :worthy:

All we need is to get the 2nd bye... I have a feeling Chicago is a paper tiger and will fall to Dallas or Seattle in theifirst round...while we beat the other in our first round and HOST the NFC Championship Game.... My ultimate dream.. Hosting and Winning the NFC Championship game with 70,000 of my very best friends... Winning or losing the SB would not matter at all after that.... Seriously...

Frankly, I think the NFL set that as the last game with the hope that it would be for the division. Great for ratings. Of course, there's no way to tell so long before the season actually starts, but it's definitely what they hoping when they set up the schedules for all the teams. Sometimes they luck out and get it right.
I admit it would be fun if it were the case, but it would also be quite nerve-wracking! I'm hoping we can whack the Whiners, Cowdung, and Skins, while the Panthers drop 1 or 2thus making it a moot point and merely a question of whether we can keep them out of the playoffs by beating them.
But, hey, let's not count our chickens. Remember, we don't even have a break-even season yet unless we win on Sunday. Let's see some REVENGE for all those irritating games in the late 80's/early 90's when the whiners pulled out wins against us (especially the Jerry Rice "fumble, yet it's a TD" that won that game in '88 or '89)!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom