Here is how Colston stacks up after Sunday (1 Viewer)

Frank The Rat

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
1 Andre Johnson WR, HOU 64 752 4
2 Reggie Wayne WR, IND 44 732 5
3 Roy Williams WR, DET 44 719 4
4 M. Colston WR, NOR 44 700 7
5 M. Harrison WR, IND 52 698 5
6 Javon Walker WR, DEN 39 669 5
7 Steve Smith WR, CAR 45 631 2
8 Torry Holt WR, STL 45 624 7
9 Anquan Boldin WR, ARI 48 608 3
10 L. Coles WR, NYJ 46 606 3
11 D. Jackson WR, SEA 36 587(Still has to play)
12 P. Burress WR, NYG 31 510 5
13 Joe Horn WR, NOR 30 507 3

Now granted, some of the players below Joe Horn may have more yards then him. I didn't go below 13. I mainly wanted to see how Colston stacked up with the top receivers in the league. All Stats for the top 13 have been updated to reflect week 9.

Keep it up Colston!!!

That's awesome he is on pace with Wayne and Williams, Johnson has 20 more receptions that those 3. Not bad, they all have good averages. That's pretty **** good if you ask me.

On pace for 88 catches for 1400 yards and 14 TDs.
Could be one of the all time best rookie seasons ever, never mind that he was one of the last players chosen in the draft.

Colston is the real deal. This guy is 2nd to none. It have been a long time since I have seen a rookie coming out the 7th round in his first year playing like he has. Colston is a beast man. Congrats to Colston. He is a big difference and he will take the Saints as far as he can if he doesn't get hurt.

Sure Horn, Deuce, Bush and Brees are the faces of this Saints team but it's a new Sheriff in town and his name is Colston. That's my nickname for Colston
(The Sheriff). The best WR in the NFC hands down.

The best part is, he's not a big-headed "me first!" guy.

He is 52 yards behind the overall leader, but 3 TD's more. I will take the 3 TD's over 52 yards.

He's a product of the system. A very good system.

Colston for President!!!

His catches will go up and his yards per catch will go down since defenses can't ignore him any longer and he is now Drew Brees' go to guy.

The rookie record for recieving yards is 1,473 by Houston's Bill Groman in 1960. Colston has 700 at the halfway point.

I'm not saying......................I'm just saying.

His catches will go up and his yards per catch will go down since defenses can't ignore him any longer and he is now Drew Brees' go to guy.

Not ness.

If the coaching staff is smart about it, we could use this to our advantage. Or did you forget about all the other recieving threats we have? ;)

The best part is, he's not a big-headed "me first!" guy.

No truer words have ever been spoken. Here's a couple of quotes from Colston after yesterday's sweep of the bucs:

"The most important thing is we're 6-2. That's No. 1 in my mind," Colston said. "Personal accolades, they can only take you so far."

"We've got a lot invested in this season. We've been saying that from Day 1," said Colston, who has three 100-yard games. "It's a team of great character, and a team that's going to fight 'til the end."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=20061105027&prov=ap

No truer words have ever been spoken. Here's a couple of quotes from Colston after yesterday's sweep of the bucs:

"The most important thing is we're 6-2. That's No. 1 in my mind," Colston said. "Personal accolades, they can only take you so far."

"We've got a lot invested in this season. We've been saying that from Day 1," said Colston, who has three 100-yard games. "It's a team of great character, and a team that's going to fight 'til the end."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=20061105027&prov=ap

Hats off to Colston......great quotes there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom