Here is My Concern with Sean Payton in a Post Drew Brees Era (1 Viewer)

What Drew did before SP? What SP did with out Drew? The coach made the QB better! Can’t wait to see what he does with Bridgewater or Cam Newton

I think he might end up like Mike Shanahan in Denver once John Elway and Terrell Davis were no longer around. They had some good squads, but were never quite at the level of competing for Super Bowls when Elway and T.D. was on the roster. Any thoughts?

Yeah I think he kind of put that too bed these last couple years, and especially this year, when Teddy Bridgewater stepped in and went 5-0.

This team isn't just Drew Brees, and it hasn't been over the last couple years. It's all about building a team around your new qb. If you do that, anything is possible.

I would also say, in those 5 weeks that Brees was out, it was almost like we got a better more motivated version of Sean Payton.

It almost felt as if the the whole team got a little lazier when Drew returned. They felt they could ease their foot off of the gas, bc Drew was back and he would take care of it

Last edited:
LOlWuts wrong with Cam Newton he ain’t sad he play for the Panthers and you’re a Saints fan that’s it if he’s healthy why not
I can't even comprehend what you're saying here. Can Newton is sad and I don't think Payton would want a broken down QB who is wildly inaccurate when throwing the ball as his field general.

Thinly Veiled Profanity
LOL.

You guys sure are making a huge deal and asserting a lot of projected "truths" about a small sample size that included mediocre-to-[mod edit thinly veiled profanity is not allowed on the SSF board :nono:] dallas, TB, Jax, and Chicago teams. A stretch in which our defense noticeably played a couple of notches higher.

I love CSP, but let's not pretend we Hostetler'd our way through the playoffs to win a SB or anything.

"We'll see".

Last edited by a moderator:
LOlWuts wrong with Cam Newton he ain’t sad he play for the Panthers and you’re a Saints fan that’s it if he’s healthy why not

You would never see Cam Newton in a Saints uniform as long as Sean Payton is the head coach.

Far to inaccurate of a passer, doesn't fit the system at all

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom