Here it is boys & girls a 150mpg car !!!!!! WOW!! (1 Viewer)

hammernnails

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yes its the german engineering that first brought us the VW bug... now the ..

Loremo...

The idea is deceptively simple. Forget about fancy batteries, regenerative braking, and alternative fuels. Instead, make a car that's elegant in its minimalism and efficiency. The Loremo's German designers revisited the basics — engine efficiency, low weight, and minimal drag — to create a car that offers fuel-efficiency in the neighborhood of 130 to 150 miles per gallon. The Loremo is likely to dazzle drivers not with its acceleration, but with its ability to drive from New York to L.A. with only three stops at the pump.

Loremo stands for low resistance mobile, and its engineers have stuck obsessively to this idea.

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=457882

This is shocking news.... by FAR the most efficient vehicle ever made..

I'm a big believer in the TDI, that's cool. I wonder how well it (and the occupants) will fare when a soccer mom slams her Suburban into it.

That's awesome. And it's pretty cool looking too. But it only seats 2. That's a big drawback. And it only has a 5-speed tranny. That's a drawback too. My wife could use a commuter car like that, but doesn't drive a stick, and some days needs to drop off at least 2 kids at school, or at least 2 kids at the babysitters. That makes that kind of car impractical for her, even though she has a long highway commute that the car would be great for.

Yeah, that was my reservation about it too. To get that kind of gas mileage, it must weigh almost nothing. Even a fender-bender could kill you.

I'm a big believer in the TDI, that's cool. I wonder how well it (and the occupants) will fare when a soccer mom slams her Suburban into it.

Most soccer moms i know (and i know plenty :wink:) get slammed into by someone else. They don't slam into anyone......with the SUV.

That's awesome. And it's pretty cool looking too. But it only seats 2. That's a big drawback. And it only has a 5-speed tranny. That's a drawback too. My wife could use a commuter car like that, but doesn't drive a stick, and some days needs to drop off at least 2 kids at school, or at least 2 kids at the babysitters. That makes that kind of car impractical for her, even though she has a long highway commute that the car would be great for.

I agree.... but at least its a start.... I could go for a 75mpg car that seats 4... I am just shocked that we go from 50mpg max .. to 3x the mpg over night... I just thought the mpgs would gradually increase with new technology over years and years... this 150mpg is unheard of ....

This was in the article too...

Opening the trunk hatch reveals two rear-facing "youth" seats, both of which are removable to free up storage space. Seating in front is also snug, with the driver and front passenger nearly shoulder to shoulder.

So if you could teach her to drive shift (c'mon, it's not really that hard) maybe it would work for you.

The oil companies will just raise the price to $10 a gallon. LOL. I really like the car. I can honestly see buying one as a commuter/travel car. For all of the companies that have employees travel in a car, that would be a huge expense savings. Maybe it's just the beginning of a direction our country needs to go.

The oil companies will just raise the price to $10 a gallon. LOL. I really like the car. I can honestly see buying one as a commuter/travel car. For all of the companies that have employees travel in a car, that would be a huge expense savings. Maybe it's just the beginning of a direction our country needs to go.

I have been looking for the ever popular 1980's VW rabbit with the 50mpg diesel to convert to a bio-diesel but they are rare and if technology continues in this direction we will have a 45 mpg suburban by 2010...I dont really care about acceleration .. I am more into comfort and efficency... my stop light drag racing days are over ....

I think it'll work great...until a semi passes it on the Interstate and blows it into the ditch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom