Here it is: The Teaser for the new Star Trek Movie by J.J. Abrams (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Just came out today of Captain Pikes Enterprise being built. The clip is a little dark. We have 11 months to go. The scenes, music and sound effect at the end will send shivers up your spine if your a fan like me. Its eerie. Enjoy

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RllSZW_YLk8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RllSZW_YLk8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

And another link at IESB. You can click to enlarge it at this site for better detail.
http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_seyret&Itemid=227&task=videodirectlink&id=529

Last edited:
Kirk was still kickin when Pike's Enterprise shipped off, though. Seems the movie should be about Archer. I'd prefer Voyager, but what else is there to say?

Last edited:
Kirk was still kickin when Pike's Enterprise shipped off, though. Seems the movie should be about Archer. I'd prefer Voyager, but what else is there to say?

Yeah what put me off about the 'Enterprise' series is that it didn't really try to do anything different with the series. I mean this very early in the Federation, and they still have all the standard Star Trek technology: transporters, replicators, tricorders, etc.

The movie is about a much younger Kirk, Spock, and McCoy. Their roles have already been casted. Supposedly this is about part of their Academy days. It has been reported that Kirk takes the Kobiashi Maru test in this one....

I can't wait for this movie to come out. I am interested to see how they do this. As for the shows, if I had to rate which one's I would prefer....lets see.

Star Trek, The Next Generation - always loved this series, the best of all of them in my opinion....wished they would have done more movies with this crew.
Star Trek Voyager - although I think it started out slow, I think they ended up having some good episodes.
Star Trek, The Original Series- -Just a classic with Spock, Dr. McCoy, Kirk.
Star Trek Enterprise - Believe it or not, i loved the intro song to this show. The intro itself was pretty cool. I think this shows fate was decided by the fact it was on a lesser known network, however they had some good episodes.
Star Trek Deep Space Nine - Never could get into Deep Space Nine. I think for me part of it was Sisco....of all the Captains he was the one I didn't like the most. I just didn't think he had "IT" as far as Star Fleet Captains go.

I just saw that Tyler Perry has a role in the movie. Will we see Madea confront the Klingons? LOL

There are some interesting choices for the roles. Talented, but not very well know people like Karl Urban (Borne Ultimatum) is McCoy, Simon Pegg (Hot Fuzz) is Scotty and Zachary Quinto (Syler from Heroes) is Spock.

The movie is about a much younger Kirk, Spock, and McCoy. Their roles have already been casted. Supposedly this is about part of their Academy days. It has been reported that Kirk takes the Kobiashi Maru test in this one....

I dunno. This reminds me things of like the Mustang going retro. I'd prefer to keep things moving along. New characters, ships, and gee-whiz gadgetry. I've let Kirk and his crew go a long, long time ago. Any word on Uhura? Beyonce could play that buxom plebe.

I actually like DS9 a lot. It had complex plots and character development that stretched out over the length of the show. Unfortunately that meant the viewers had to watch it quite a bit to get into the longer running plot threads.

The captain, Sisko, had a New Orleans tie-in and the idea of him being damaged goods in the beginning worked well.

I like TNG the best, original Star Trek next, then DS9 and after that it doesn't really matter. I couldn't watch Voyager for much of the first season because of Kate Mulgrew. She didn't seem to have a clue how to play the captain in a Star Trek series. But, the show did get better over time.

Not sure what to expect of the upcoming movie, but I'll give it a shot.

Yeah what put me off about the 'Enterprise' series is that it didn't really try to do anything different with the series. I mean this very early in the Federation, and they still have all the standard Star Trek technology: transporters, replicators, tricorders, etc.

They really screwed up with Enterprise trying to make it a movie about explorers, when that part of Stat Trek history was marred with wars with both the Kilingons and Romulans. Instead of wasting an enitre season on the Xindi with a bunch of never before seen characters that no one has any vested interest in, they should have started the Earth/Romulan war instead. They stared towards the end of the series when it was finally showing some improvement.

Also, the "in a mirror Darkly" 2 parter was easily the best episodes of the series. i would have loved a whole season in the mirror universe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom