Here it is: The Teaser for the new Star Trek Movie by J.J. Abrams (1 Viewer)

I dunno. This reminds me things of like the Mustang going retro. I'd prefer to keep things moving along. New characters, ships, and gee-whiz gadgetry. I've let Kirk and his crew go a long, long time ago. Any word on Uhura? Beyonce could play that buxom plebe.

There isn't a darn thing wrong with the Mustang going retro.

Mine looks great :p

945581563_0396325c8c_o.jpg

First, if this movie is about the Academy it will be a trainwreck and I will be infuriated. Kirk and Spock did not attend the Academy together. Spock is ten years older than Kirk and served with Pike on the Enterprise for 11 years. Bones is considerably older as well. Kirk did not come out of the Academy and take command of a starship, He was on board the Republic and the Farragut befro taking command of the Enterprise as the youngest Captain in the history of starfleet, 33. I'm hoping this nonsense about the Academy is not true and they plan on telling a story during the first year of the five year mission. Pike was not messed up at this time ( until prior to the menagerie) SO HE CAN APPEAR. That is the only conceivable way I can find it acceptable-if it is during the mission. There is no way to respect canon if Chekov and Sulu are in the Academy and then miraculously on the Enterprise together. That's like me beig in a unit with all the guys I went to Officer Candidate School. It doesn't happen.....

By the way Archer was great and that show got cut off too soon considering how disgustinly terrible V'GER was and was on for Seven long hack years. Only the real Trek only NCC 1701...No bloddy A, B. C, D, or E-CPT Montgomery Scott

First, if this movie is about the Academy it will be a trainwreck and I will be infuriated. Kirk and Spock did not attend the Academy together. Spock is ten years older than Kirk and served with Pike on the Enterprise for 11 years. Bones is considerably older as well. Kirk did not come out of the Academy and take command of a starship, He was on board the Republic and the Farragut befro taking command of the Enterprise as the youngest Captain in the history of starfleet, 33. I'm hoping this nonsense about the Academy is not true and they plan on telling a story during the first year of the five year mission. Pike was not messed up at this time ( until prior to the menagerie) SO HE CAN APPEAR. That is the only conceivable way I can find it acceptable-if it is during the mission. There is no way to respect canon if Chekov and Sulu are in the Academy and then miraculously on the Enterprise together. That's like me beig in a unit with all the guys I went to Officer Candidate School. It doesn't happen.....

By the way Archer was great and that show got cut off too soon considering how disgustinly terrible V'GER was and was on for Seven long hack years. Only the real Trek only NCC 1701...No bloddy A, B. C, D, or E-CPT Montgomery Scott
In this movie it is said that Pike at one point in the film will be in a pitch battle with the Romulans with his new refited Enterprise and Kirk on the Farrogut will help save him and his crew. At the end of the film Pike will recommend Kirk to be his successor as a show of grattitude. The changing of the guard as you would say.

In this movie it is said that Pike at one point in the film will be in a pitch battle with the Romulans with his new refited Enterprise and Kirk on the Farrogut will help save him and his crew. At the end of the film Pike will recommend Kirk to be his successor as a show of grattitude. The changing of the guard as you would say.

how about a heads up before you start dropping possible spoilers, ok?

I do think it is neat that they are making a movie that is a standalone movie and not a tv show gone to the silver screen for a couple of extra episodes. Too early to know anything real about the film though...

There isn't a darn thing wrong with the Mustang going retro.

Mine looks great :p

945581563_0396325c8c_o.jpg

heh. I was a Trans Am man, and I really, really had something for that. I've since joined the dark side that is Acura.

Voyager is my fave, and DS9 my least. I was fine with Sisko, but Janeway took a season to grow on me. Getting rid of that bun on her head helped. Same with Troi. Hell, I never liked Yar and Kira....

Loved the original series, loved TNG, watched about 10 episodes of DS9 and kinda liked it, watched about 5 episodes of Voyager and didn't like it, watched 3 episodes of Enterprise and liked it, but have not seen more since that show came out and closed up since I've been in Brazil.

They really screwed up with Enterprise trying to make it a movie about explorers, when that part of Stat Trek history was marred with wars with both the Kilingons and Romulans. Instead of wasting an enitre season on the Xindi with a bunch of never before seen characters that no one has any vested interest in, they should have started the Earth/Romulan war instead. They stared towards the end of the series when it was finally showing some improvement.

Also, the "in a mirror Darkly" 2 parter was easily the best episodes of the series. i would have loved a whole season in the mirror universe.

I think what they tried to do is the same thing they did with Voyager. So much of the first two series(Original and TNG) all you had was Romulans, Klingons, etc. They wanted to bring in new species to make the show better. This is why Voyagers storyline was in the Delta Quadrant so they could create new species instead of the same old stuff. There was definitely things they could have done better with Enterprise. I do agree though, the In a Mirror Darkly episodes were awesome.

All I gotta say is Star Wars would kick Star Treks butt......

You mean Nemesis. Insurrection was back in 98.

Oh yeah. I remember vaguely. It was my first trip back to the US after I moved here to Brazil. I went with my cousin on Christmas day. After the opening credits and 5 minutes of plot, my hearing aid battery died. There was no other place open on Christmas day for me to get a new battery. I ended up sitting there reading lips the whole movie. Ruined it for me. I probably ought to rent it and watch it for real now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom