Here we go again! Toilet paper panic is happening again! (1 Viewer)

How do you get down from an elephant?
You don't. You get down from a duck.

That's my most favorite elephant joke. Because it was funny even before I understood it.

Last edited:
No it not greedy or selfish. It is being prepared. Very similar to what we do during hurricane season with the bottle water , batteries, canned food etc.
It's not the same. Hurricane season is regional and seasonal. Snowstorms are regional and seasonal. Covid is national, and not only that, the workers who process chicken, toilet paper, etc are also getting sick. As a result the inventory gets squeezed from both ends; supply and demand.

People need to be aware of the needs of society as a whole, and stop saying screw everyone else, I'm gonna take care of me and mine.

I'll be honest, to those who hoarded a year of chicken--I hope your freezer breaks. To those with a year's supply of toilet paper--I hope your roof leaks right over top of your toilet paper.

I've bought an extra pack here and there along the way over the last few months, knowing this day would come again. The good thing with toilet paper is that it doesn't go bad and all you need is the extra space to be able to keep it.
So you bought a little more when there was more to buy? That's ok.

The stores also need to clamp down and limit people to one item at a time. yes they can come back again, but no need to make it easy for them.

I get it people are scared. I work in a nursing home with 49 current positive Covid residents, 39 positive staff members and 16 (so far) covid fatalities. I had Covid as did my wife. It sucks. Still no reason to act like a selfish prick.

It's not the same. Hurricane season is regional and seasonal. Snowstorms are regional and seasonal. Covid is national, and not only that, the workers who process chicken, toilet paper, etc are also getting sick. As a result the inventory gets squeezed from both ends; supply and demand.

People need to be aware of the needs of society as a whole, and stop saying screw everyone else, I'm gonna take care of me and mine.

I'll be honest, to those who hoarded a year of chicken--I hope your freezer breaks. To those with a year's supply of toilet paper--I hope your roof leaks right over top of your toilet paper.

Well, mine is in the basement, so hopefully no leaky basement. :hihi:

During the last shortage the GF bought a case of the stuff cheap Enough to find in a gas station. Then she was finally able to find some of the shiny hiney stuff. But I don’t like to waste so I’m just using that 3M 3000 grit until it’s gone. She’s still got shiny hiney and I am settling for Bondo Butt.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom