Here we go again - Video shows white police officer killing a black man in Minnesota by suffocation as the man pleads "I can't breathe" (1 Viewer)

It doesn't show him near the SUV, so it's missing what leads up to him on the ground with a knee to the neck.

I bet the rioting would stop if the murderers were in jail.

The black population of Minneapolis must feel like the government would rather see their city burn before arresting these murderous white guys.

Right or wrong, that's the take home message to the city's black population. There's video of these guys dispassionately killing someone and no legal recourse has been taken on something that's obvious to all of us.

It sounds like the response by the black population of Minneapolis is, "if you'd rather watch the city burn, then so be it."

I'm usually the person to say that rioting and looting usually work against the cause that's being protested. I may get to that tomorrow.

It doesn't show him near the SUV, so it's missing what leads up to him on the ground with a knee to the neck.

IT DOESN'T ******* MATTER WHAT LED UP TO IT. I DON'T CARE IF HE CAME AT THEM SCREAMING, WAVING A SAMURAI SWORD AND NUNCHUKS, AND WEARING A FLAMING HOLOCAUST CLOAK. HE WAS CUFFED AND ON THE GROUND AND BEGGING FOR AIR FOR ABOUT 10 MINUTES, AND THEN DIED FROM SUFFOCATION.

JFCIAGCB.

I feel like it's incumbent upon all citizens of all colors to start using the technology that we have available to us to police the police. If you see a traffic stop and don't have some place to be, pull over, maintain your distance and start videoing the incident and utilizing the zoom capabilities of your phone's camera. It doesn't matter whether it's a speeding ticket or not. Police and the people who decide to take the job of being part of the police department need to know that their interactions with the public will be caught on camera.

The police cannot be allowed to continue to lie to cover for their fellow partners in blue. They have demonstrated that they are not to be trusted. They have demonstrated that they will say and do whatever it takes, including breaking the laws they are sworn to uphold, to cover for their partners in blue. They continue to demonstrate that "good cops" are too afraid of what the bad cops will say or do if they speak up. They continue to demonstrate that they will find ways to excuse the actions of the ones who give the others a bad name. They continue to demonstrate that the constitution and the rights guaranteed in them are nothing more than something you learn in high school.

Policing is local. Local people can change your local police department. Voting matters. If politicians won't do what you want them to on a local level then vote them out until you get someone who will do it.

The black population of Minneapolis America must feel like the government would rather see their city country burn before arresting these murderous white guys.

Right or wrong, that's the take home message to the city's country's black population. There's video of these guys dispassionately killing someone and no legal recourse has been taken on something that's obvious to all of us.

It sounds like the response by the black population of Minneapolis is America needs to be, "if you'd rather watch the city country burn, then so be it."

FIFY.

50 years on, Malcolm X was right.

I think we'll need to see the body cam footage. I find this headline to be a bit strong. It does appear that he was compliant at times but we don't see everything here.

There is literally nothing you can show me to justify how this interaction concluded.

I don't care if the guy had a gun and shot at the officers before the cell phone video began.

I believe you're taking a snip it of the conversation and not the entirety of what I have said. If you read other posts of mine I believe you may understand my comments. Yes I agree this post alone does not sound good. I guess my point was they have been fired. There is an investigation ongoing by the FBI. Based on the video and the picture I would be amazed if this man does not spend life in prison. Personally I am very much in favor of the death penalty. An eye for an eye. But I believe the first steps are being taken. I am all for protesting. I am not for rioting and destroying property.

Question: Are you for trying to intimidate state legislators taking over spaces in a state house with a mob armed to the teeth because it was "legal"?

As opposed to a spontaneous march in a public area (allegedly permitted by the First Amendment)?

To protect all of our freedoms, which one should be met with patience, and the other by tear gas and rubber bullets?

You know what else was legal? Killing Jews in Germany in 1942.

There is literally nothing you can show me to justify how this interaction concluded.

I don't care if the guy had a gun and shot at the officers before the cell phone video began.
I think I may not have been clear.

I don't in anyway feel this was justified. I'm only referring to the claim that this video shows he didn't resist. We don't see why he was brought to the ground. That may have been necessary.

It in no way excuses an ambivalent group of officers ignoring the life and rights of a human being. Putting him on the ground might have been needed, but there was no need for the knee once he was there.

The black population of Minneapolis must feel like the government would rather see their city burn before arresting these murderous white guys.

Right or wrong, that's the take home message to the city's black population. There's video of these guys dispassionately killing someone and no legal recourse has been taken on something that's obvious to all of us.

It sounds like the response by the black population of Minneapolis is, "if you'd rather watch the city burn, then so be it."
Even the mayor has called for the rest of these for pathetic individuals

I agree. He was clearly subdued. And now Minneapolis is burning. Firefighters trying to put out fires. Auto zone burning. Anybody else listening to the scanner radio? It's not good.

I agree. He was clearly subdued. And now Minneapolis is burning. Firefighters trying to put out fires. Auto zone burning. Anybody else listening to the scanner radio? It's not good.
Close to the same thing is happening in downtown LA as we speak. And this goes far beyond the level of a Rodney King incident as far as I’m concerned. I believe Mr. King is still alive and breathing

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom