Here we go again - Video shows white police officer killing a black man in Minnesota by suffocation as the man pleads "I can't breathe" (1 Viewer)

Summary please? I don’t have cable.

Basically, she’s heartbroken about Floyd’s death. Made a point to inform everyone that it’s her 2nd marriage and she has no children with Chauvin. She asked for safety and privacy for herself and her family. Announced she’s divorcing him. And the tone of it was kind of “I know he’s a piece of work, now everyone knows he’s a piece of work, I’m out.” Nothing positive about him at all. No sense of surprise or “he’s a wonderful husband and father” kind of crap.

"The combined effects of Mr. Floyd being restrained by the police, his underlying health conditions and any potential intoxicants in his system likely contributed to his death."

What the Fork! does that mean, any potential intoxicants?
Victim blaming.

It seems like they're arguing that a healthy person could have survived. I'd suggest that a member of Mr. Floyd's family be allowed to select a person to do the same thing to each of the cops and see if they're correct.

Victim blaming.

It seems like they're arguing that a healthy person could have survived. I'd suggest that a member of Mr. Floyd's family be allowed to select a person to do the same thing to each of the cops and see if they're correct.
WHY even throw that statement in there?! I thought it was ridiculous. "ANY POTENTIAL INTOXICANTS"?!?!?! That language is inflammatory. This situation is so ************** heartbreaking and infuriating. Just watched a clip of them pulling his lifeless body off of the ground while that racist piece of shirt smugly had his hands in his pocket while his knee was on Mr. Floyd's neck. And I;m crying tears of rage and pain. I was frustrated with the murder of Trayvon Martin, I was disgusted and frustrated with the murder of Philando Castille, I was frustrated with the murder of Ahmaud Aubrey but the murder of George Floyd has me ready to scream. It's too much. This nation is supposed to be better than this but it isn't. It simply isn't. That video just proved that black men can be executed in public for something as trivial as a POSSIBLE counterfeit $20 bill and people will watch it and justice will move slowly if at all.

I used to watch his show on HBO faithfully. It will be interesting to see what he comes up with in his review.

The riot thread has been locked.

Just FYI - There are two protests at City Hall in NO today. One at noon and the other at five. One was planned after Louisville (I think) and the other MN. I'm really hoping there's no rioting. If there is, someone let me know if any home decor or furniture stores are being looted. I'm moving tomorrow. /sarcasm obviously

Anyone know the last time a riot took place in NO?

I'm concerned from watching the news conference in Minneapolis, that calling out the rioters is only going to fire them up again.

The riot thread has been locked.

Just FYI - There are two protests at City Hall in NO today. One at noon and the other at five. One was planned after Louisville (I think) and the other MN. I'm really hoping there's no rioting. If there is, someone let me know if any home decor or furniture stores are being looted. I'm moving tomorrow. /sarcasm obviously

Anyone know the last time a riot took place in NO?

Fyi, I've unlocked the thread. Had to do some maintenance there.

Fwiw, the same issues there apply here as well, any personal insults or drive by potshots will not be tolerated here. We've given some leeway because of the nature of the issue, but we need cooler heads and let people state their opinions even if we don't agree with them.

Thanks.

his lawyer will argue excited delirium, but dang you can't put your knee on someone's neck for 9 freaking minutes.

I cant say what I want to id be banndd.

I hope he spends a long time in prison. I think most officers feel this way. He is/was a criminal with a badge and makes the rest look bad.

What needs to happen is whenever this occurs that police officers go in front of a tv camera and say exactly that

In fact I have no doubt that cops know who the “criminals with badges are who make the rest look bad”

Don’t wait until someone is killed to get them off the force

And put higher qualifications, better screening better training etc in place so they don’t get to become police officers in the first place

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom