Here we go again - Video shows white police officer killing a black man in Minnesota by suffocation as the man pleads "I can't breathe" (2 Viewers)

I hope he spends a long time in prison. I think most officers feel this way. He is/was a criminal with a badge and makes the rest look bad.

I ask the following in all fairness and honesty--

a) what do you make of the other officers there who didn't do a thing?

b) had you been there, do you think you would have intervened on behalf of Mr. Floyd?

I ask the following in all fairness and honesty--

a) what do you make of the other officers there who didn't do a thing?

b) had you been there, do you think you would have intervened on behalf of Mr. Floyd?

I'd like to think I would. But I've never walked a day in a cop's shoes, neither have a I walked a day in Mr. Floyd's shoes. Hard to say.

What I definitely can say is that it was the other cop's responsibility to pull the murderer off of Floyd before it got that far.

I saw this yesterday. It has a lot to unpack. A lot to reflect upon and shows some deeper insight into the dynamic around how PD's work. I'll admit that it goes on a bit too long, but I do that a lot myself.

Anyway.

I saw this yesterday. It has a lot to unpack. A lot to reflect upon and shows some deeper insight into the dynamic around how PD's work. I'll admit that it goes on a bit too long, but I do that a lot myself.

Anyway.

I'm hard of hearing, so I'm not able to follow what he's saying. Can someone just briefly recap if possible?

I'm hard of hearing, so I'm not able to follow what he's saying. Can someone just briefly recap if possible?
He retells a story of dealing with a friend of his who had too much nyquil and he called 911 for them from his home. 6 officers showed up. 5 were great and professional. then the 6th who was ranking decided to take over. He took a very aggressive position and was threatening not only the person in distress, but the pastor. The pastor then asked the officer to leave and was met with refusal and authoritarian hubris.

He tells how he reacted to that officer and put that officer in his place, but acknowledges he couldn't have done it if he was not a noted pastor with many connections and considerable influence in the city.

I'd recommend you find a way to listen if possible as it's powerful and needs to be heard imho.

He retells a story of dealing with a friend of his who had too much nyquil and he called 911 for them from his home. 6 officers showed up. 5 were great and professional. then the 6th who was ranking decided to take over. He took a very aggressive position and was threatening not only the person in distress, but the pastor. The pastor then asked the officer to leave and was met with refusal and authoritarian hubris.

He tells how he reacted to that officer and put that officer in his place, but acknowledges he couldn't have done it if he was not a noted pastor with many connections and considerable influence in the city.

I'd recommend you find a way to listen if possible as it's powerful and needs to be heard imho.

Much appreciated. Thanks! :9:

I think the other officers should have acted and intervened
My question for you is why do you think they didn't? This isn't the only officer that makes the police look bad and its a rare thing that other officers hold them accountable. I could show at least ten videos from yesterday alone of officers acting completely inappropriately and only one has another officer stopping them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom