Here we go again - Video shows white police officer killing a black man in Minnesota by suffocation as the man pleads "I can't breathe" (2 Viewers)

And that right there is apathy. "Well if it's me, I get it..."

Decades of murder, you dont get it. But if it's you, it's justified. Uh huh.
If someone burned your house down, then you are justified. If a white man burns my house down, I don't have a right to burn a random white man's house. I'm not white by the way. It has nothing to do with apathy, nor empathy. It has to do with decency and fairness. These rioters are criminals, and if you can't see that, then you're the one that lacks empathy. If they get killed looting, then who's fault is that? Would you be okay if they destroyed your business or home if you had nothing to do with the crime?

If someone burned your house down, then you are justified. If a white man burns my house down, I don't have a right to burn a random white man's house. I'm not white by the way. It has nothing to do with apathy, nor empathy. It has to do with decency and fairness. These rioters are criminals, and if you can't see that, then you're the one that lacks empathy. If they get killed looting, then who's fault is that? Would you be okay if they destroyed your business or home if you had nothing to do with the crime?

Ok, so the way it goes, it's something like this...

... if someone brought your ancestors hundreds of years ago as slaves to this land, and for the next 350 years oppressed your ancestors, and even after slavery was made illegal your ancestors were segregated, persecuted, lynched, wrongfully incarcerated, harassed, gunned down/choked to death by the police, for decades, up until today, what's the last straw? Or is there ever a last straw?

And decency and fairness? LOL. You want decency and fairness now? Where has decency and fairness been for 350 years?

Now, I am not saying I agree or condone the looting. And sure, situations like this are the perfect environment for instigators. However, I understand that there is a boiling point when one just can't take anymore, and one just lashes out...what's there to lose.

I don't know if you watched the video I posted or not, the one from Trevor Noah. Your probably should watch it if you didn't. I think he is right... if you ask yourself "what good does rioting and looting do?", you should also ask yourself the question, "what good does not rioting and not looting do?"

Didn't see this posted earlier. I'm certain the community will welcome this, but not sure what difference it will make.

I don't know either, but I saw a recent interview with him and I've seen him a few times before in politics and he's always seemed to carry himself well, and he sounds like a competent prosecutor. Lot of people gonna be watching this case.

Ok, so the way it goes, it's something like this...

... if someone brought your ancestors hundreds of years ago as slaves to this land, and for the next 350 years oppressed your ancestors, and even after slavery was made illegal your ancestors were segregated, persecuted, lynched, wrongfully incarcerated, harassed, gunned down/choked to death by the police, for decades, up until today, what's the last straw? Or is there ever a last straw?

And decency and fairness? LOL. You want decency and fairness now? Where has decency and fairness been for 350 years?

Now, I am not saying I agree or condone the looting. And sure, situations like this are the perfect environment for instigators. However, I understand that there is a boiling point when one just can't take anymore, and one just lashes out...what's there to lose.

I don't know if you watched the video I posted or not, the one from Trevor Noah. Your probably should watch it if you didn't. I think he is right... if you ask yourself "what good does rioting and looting do?", you should also ask yourself the question, "what good does not rioting and not looting do?"

This. Post of the day. The gall to talk about decency, smh.

I don't know either, but I saw a recent interview with him and I've seen him a few times before in politics and he's always seemed to carry himself well, and he sounds like a competent prosecutor. Lot of people gonna be watching this case.
Where are you going to find a jury which hasn't been tainted? Of course, I'm no lawyer so maybe it's not the same as movies and TV.

You didn't like how Kap protested and you dont like how the protests are going now. What you're saying is that you don't like anything that makes you uncomfortable. You're saying showing respect during an anthem which is an outright lie for American citizens of color is more important than the lives of Black people. You're saying I didnt feel moved to join this discussion about murdering black men until property damage occured which says again, I don't place a high value on black lives. If I murder your whole family and you go on a tirade which ends in you burning down my house because you found it before finding me, you would be 100% P'Oed if someone then told you, "dude, I know he killed your wife, kids, and parents...but did you have to burn down his house? Shame on you. You're no better than him. Not at all."
Ice T knows what's up

People being arrested frequently complain. Only the cop with the knee on his neck would know how much pressure he is putting. How do you know he pressed down harder after he said he couldn't breathe? Also, the autopsy said he didn't die of asphyxiation, so he obviously could still breathe. That doesn't excuse the cop. I think he killed the man by being reckless, and had no justification to hold him down for so long, but it doesn't mean he meant to kill him. 3rd degree murder is the right charge.

Because I have eyes and can see without blue-colored shades on. It is clear as day for anyone paying attention to the video without bias or trying to be a contrarian.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom