Here we go again - Video shows white police officer killing a black man in Minnesota by suffocation as the man pleads "I can't breathe" (1 Viewer)

Yeah, I saw that. Disgusting. The cop needs to be charged with manslaughter at the very least. If that's SOP for subduing an individual, they need to retrain every one of their officers because there are clearly better ways to subdue someone other than a knee to the throat.

This might be the worst yet. This wasn't a case of an officer having to make a split second decision because he felt threatened. This was a cruel abuse of power. The cop had plenty of time to understand what was happening and get off of the man's throat. People were standing there telling him the man was dying. The victim said he couldn't breathe and he was dying. At some point it seems like the cop would've thought, "Hey, I might need to take my body weight off of this man's throat before he dies."

This might be the worst yet. This wasn't a case of an officer having to make a split second decision because he felt threatened. This was a cruel abuse of power. The cop had plenty of time to understand what was happening and get off of the man's throat. People were standing there telling him the man was dying. The victim said he couldn't breathe and he was dying. At some point it seems like the cop would've thought, "Hey, I might need to take my body weight off of this man's throat before he dies."

Seems like an open and shut case. Clear murder here.

Seems like an open and shut case. Clear murder here.

When I see these videos I try to gather as much information as I can before I jump to conclusions. Things aren't always as clear cut as they seem. But with this, I don't feel like further research into the situation is needed or necessary. I agree this is a open and shut case.

When I see these videos I try to gather as much information as I can before I jump to conclusions. Things aren't always as clear cut as they seem. But with this, I don't feel like further research into the situation is needed or necessary. I agree this is a open and shut case.

Yeah, pretty much, doesn't matter what happened prior. From what I understand, the cop's knee was on his neck for a full 5 minutes until he passed out. What pisses me off is why doesn't one of the other cops either pull him off or reposition so that they can get the knee off of the neck. The other cops are just standing there watching this happen. Baffling and maddening. And then we wonder why there are race and policing issues in this country.

from the pd's website, this benign, vague statement:
Investigative Update on Critical Incident
After he got out, he physically resisted officers. Officers were able to get the suspect into handcuffs and noted he appeared to be suffering medical distress.
Body worn cameras were on and activated during this incident.

assuming they didn't mysteriously "malfunction", ought to yield plenty enough for indictments

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom