Here we go again - Video shows white police officer killing a black man in Minnesota by suffocation as the man pleads "I can't breathe" (2 Viewers)

I just can't deal with this sheet anymore. This forked my whole day up. Accused of writing a bad check bro. Death penalty for forgery. But, Dylann Roof got a Whopper. My life doesn't mean sheet in this country.

I wish I had something good to say because I and many posters care about you and your life. But yeah, when sheet like this happens, it sure does cripple my faith in humanity at times. I can't blame you for feeling the way you do.

I just can't deal with this sheet anymore. This forked my whole day up. Accused of writing a bad check bro.

I've posted this video before, but this homicide story adds another layer - more urgent layer - on top of it

I've written before that a common stereotype of blacks is that they are not financially viable. That something as innocent as writing a cheque elicits more scrutiny and suspicion for a black person than a white person. The assumptions of a cashier, who might or might not be racist, is nevertheless a reflection of how society views black people when it comes to a pretty routine transaction.

So I'll include the video again, but it weighs very differently now.

Sometimes police like to issue punishment under the guise of restraining someone.

Policing is a magnet for authoritarian nutjobs that get off on violently asserting their power. Throw an unhealthy dose of institutional racism into the mix and you get murder and malfeasance aplenty.

Policing is a magnet for authoritarian nutjobs that get off on violently asserting their power. Throw an unhealthy dose of institutional racism into the mix and you get murder and malfeasance aplenty.

Lots of NSFW language.

That's a good first step. Being fired means that the PD is distancing themselves from this guy, which means that the rest of the cops won't shield him with the "thin blue line" nonsense. Not totally surprising, Minnesotans are generally pretty reasonable people and while there's racism up there still, it's always struck me less as the "us vs. them" mentality that you see in the south and Ohio/Kentucky and more of an ignorance and lack of cultural understanding.

This is murder with premeditation, obviously. Throw him under the jail.

That's a good first step. Being fired means that the PD is distancing themselves from this guy, which means that the rest of the cops won't shield him with the "thin blue line" nonsense. Not totally surprising, Minnesotans are generally pretty reasonable people and while there's racism up there still, it's always struck me less as the "us vs. them" mentality that you see in the south and Ohio/Kentucky and more of an ignorance and lack of cultural understanding.

This is murder with premeditation, obviously. Throw him under the jail.
Same state where the Philando Castile murder happened and the cop was acquitted. At least it seems to be two different police departments but I'm glad they called the FBI in to do the investigation and aren't trying to cover their collective butts.

Same state where the Philando Castile murder happened and the cop was acquitted. At least it seems to be two different police departments but I'm glad they called the FBI in to do the investigation and aren't trying to cover their collective butts.

Yeah - I don't know much about that area where Castile was murdered - so my generalization was probably a bit too broad. I've spent a lot of time in Minneapolis proper, but don't have much experience with exurbs and rural Minnesota, which is where that took place (I think).

A disgrace to noble law enforcement officers. Should send their arses to the Gulag. The man appears to be already handcuffed! No reason to have a knee on the neck of anyone. Officer looks about 100lbs soaking wet too.

Yeah - I don't know much about that area where Castile was murdered - so my generalization was probably a bit too broad. I've spent a lot of time in Minneapolis proper, but don't have much experience with exurbs and rural Minnesota, which is where that took place (I think).
It was Falcon Heights, MN. Sits equidistant between St. Paul and Minneapolis and is considered a suburb of both from what I just read after googling.

Anything less than very lengthy prison sentences is unacceptable. This is why people don't trust the police, and as these things continue to occur I don't blame people for not respecting police. They don't deserve respect. Incompetence or stupidity, it doesn't really matter. You can say 2/3 or whatever percentage you want to are good, but so what? The priests who raped kids gave the rest a bad name and the same thing can be said for cops. Thank goodness with modern technology these things are getting exposed more.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom