Here's a wildy speculative OP about Condi for VP... (1 Viewer)

I don't think anyone from the present administration will be the VP candidate for McCain.

The trophy black woman. Yuck. If she is the highest qualified person, who can bring something to the table then go for it. If not its ****.

Mccain will get someone like John Haggee to balance the ticket out. Mccain being the moderate and the evangelical for the real hardcore "conservatives".

Mccain will get someone like John Haggee to balance the ticket out. Mccain being the moderate and the evangelical for the real hardcore "conservatives".

There is no possible way Hagee will be his selection. None. That would be a firestorm that McCain does not need.

...on McCain's ticket. IMO it's kind of insulting to Ms. Rice, seemingly making her out to be a "trophy" black entry into the race. Thoughts? http://www.newyorker.com/talk/comment/2008/03/17/080317taco_talk_hertzberg

I don't really see it that way . They mention the trophy aspect of it in the first sentence , after mentioning her name , as being the " obvious " , then go on to mention her pro's and con's , even mentioning her as being 4th
in line .
They (The New Yorker) like most mainstream media talk of the election process as if it's a game , but either fail to actually realize how serious of a game it is , or ( more likely ) are writing within the guidelines that they are offered .
What they fail to mention is that Condi is a neo-con's , neo-con .
She has been around a lot longer than most realize or know about .
She was included in the circle of the former's , before little George - she was in fact part of the recruitment team ( including George Shultz and James Baker , just to name a few ) that recruited him ...as their puppet .
There , I said it .
Without any research at all - the most blatant example of this fact was when
I saw Shultz , unwittingly , brag about " recruiting " little George on a PBS special , and mentioned Condi as being a member of the " team " .
Keep in mind , Ronald didn't think much of little George .
The real power all along has been coming from the office of the Vice President and he along with others surrounding little George have been around since the days of Nixon and Ford .
Condi hasn't been around quite that long , though .

The Republicans shouldn't try to out-minority the Democrats. Condi isn't going to attract any black voters and she likely won't get women voters. Therefore, the only effect will be that the racist voters will be disoriented and disenfranchised.

I've told you guys before, the VP selections this year may be a huge, huge deal.

Wouldn't it be cool if McCain selected Condi? Or Jeb Bush?

("cool" as in a giant train wreck)

I would love Condi but it won't be her because she is inexorably tied to W's foreign policy, and that's not something that McCain wants. Iraq will already be the centerpiece of the democratic attack. no need to add fuel to the fire.

Condi... not this time. Maybe in 4/8 years after people lose the emotion of the bush whitehouse.

Now, if Hillary is the democrat nominee, the funniest option would be for McCain to ask Bill Clinton to be the VP. Ha!

I don't really see it that way . They mention the trophy aspect of it in the first sentence , after mentioning her name , as being the " obvious " , then go on to mention her pro's and con's , even mentioning her as being 4th
in line ....

I respectfully disagree, it's this text:

Her nomination to a constitutional executive office would cost McCain the votes of his party’s hardened racists and incorrigible misogynists. They are surely fewer in number, though, than the people who would like to participate in breaking the glass ceiling of race or gender but, given the choice, would rather do so in a more timid way, and/or without abandoning their party. And with Rice on the ticket the Republicans could attack Clinton or Obama with far less restraint.

It looks very race driven to me.

Taking Condi as VP seems like McCain's best option for taking voters from Clinton and Obama.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom