Here's another one for you BluRay fanboys... (2 Viewers)

You can already watch movies from Netflix on your PC - it's mostly older movies right now

You can already watch movies from Netflix on your PC - it's mostly older movies right now

yes, i have it setup so that i can watch it on my tv, and the quality is ok, but the selection is not. The main issue here is that we are comparing high def, to not even dvd quality video. media provides you instant awesome quality video whereas downloading will either limit you to ok or at best dvd quality video or having to wait for hd quality video. even then i question if what they are sending is even true hd and not a hd lite.

i coulda told you that 2 years ago man.... Blu-Ray was the winner from the start...i was a manager at a Circuit City for a couple years and Hd-dvd didn't hold a candle to Blu-ray and once Sony decided to use blu-ray exclusively we all knew it was just another Vhs/Beta or dvd/laser disc war........sucks that u bought hd-dvd instead man...ouch!

i coulda told you that 2 years ago man.... Blu-Ray was the winner from the start...i was a manager at a Circuit City for a couple years and Hd-dvd didn't hold a candle to Blu-ray and once Sony decided to use blu-ray exclusively we all knew it was just another Vhs/Beta or dvd/laser disc war........sucks that u bought hd-dvd instead man...ouch!

Didn't hold a candle in what way? Quality of picture / resolution is the same.

I have looked at them side-by-side in the store and I really had a hard time discerning the difference.

On downloading - this is mostly going to hinge on bandwidth available (not enough high-speed users at this point). The smart vendors will come up with tools that will let you schedule downloads (a 15Gb HD flick is going to take a while over a DSL connection) so that you can download during non-peak hours. (They may have that now and I am just not up to speed on it.)

Wow, I didn't realize that so many ISP's were that behind. Guess I've just got it nice, but I can download a 4.2 GB file in ~20 mins. I'd be willing to wait the couple hours considering you might have to wait a few days for the media via mail anyhow.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom