Here's another one for you BluRay fanboys... (1 Viewer)

Jeff Miller

Shaw 1988, NYIT 2009
Reaction score
We're Going Blu-ray

Dear Jeffrey,

You're receiving this email because you have asked to receive high-definition movies in the HD DVD format. As you may have heard, most of the major movie studios have recently decided to release their high-definition movies exclusively in the Blu-ray format. In order to provide the best selection of high-definition titles for our members, we have decided to go exclusively with Blu-ray as well.

While we will continue to make our current selection of HD DVD titles available to you for the next several months, we will not be adding additional HD DVD titles or reordering replacements.

Toward the end of February, HD DVDs in your Saved Queue will automatically be changed to standard definition DVDs. Then toward the end of this year, all HD DVDs in your Queue will be changed to standard definition DVDs. Don't worry, we will contact you before this happens.

You can click here to change your format preferences.

We're sorry for any inconvenience. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please call us at 1 (888) 638-3549.

-The Netflix Team

hd dvd is finished. I bought two of the hd-a2 when they went cheap, looks like I got two upconverting dvd players now.

screw netflix and sony. I am HD all the way and not giving in an inch.

screw netflix and sony. I am HD all the way and not giving in an inch.

You show them.

Really though, the only reason that I could care less is because I have a machine that can play Blu-Rays.

Are you going to keep your HD DVD player next to your Beta Max Machine?

No...I will continue to use if for many years. This isn't like the beta max / vhs wars. Quite different is the fact that my HD player will play any and all DVD's. So I will use to watch my favorite movies that are in HD only (like the Bourne Trilogy and will buy new release and upconvert regular DVD's until it wears out which is unlikely because it is a high quality piece of equipment. I will not be buying overpriced Bluray HW nor will I buy a gaming console to watch movies.

nor will I buy a gaming console to watch movies.

just wondering why? it would be a strategic move as the ps3 is the top selling player, with the most expandability and of course will always be updated to the latest standards. on top of that it will allow you to stream videos from your pc and also watch videos online. i got mine for 299 which was a steal imho.

I have an HD player and I could care less. I own 0 HD movies and needed a new DVD player and it was as cheap as a regular one. Eventually I will buy a Bluray player or a PS3. I am satisfied with upconverting standard dvds for now. I am actually glad a winner was is being chose.

just wondering why? it would be a strategic move as the ps3 is the top selling player, with the most expandability and of course will always be updated to the latest standards. on top of that it will allow you to stream videos from your pc and also watch videos online. i got mine for 299 which was a steal imho.

Not interested in the least. J6P isn't interested either. Blu may have won this new little enthusiast war but downloading HD content is the future. By the time Blu get specs firmed up and HW on the shelves they will have lost the big war. They can't even put low cost HW on the shelf now. SD DVD will be around for a long time. $16B market vs a $300M HD market. It is niche and I chose the wrong format. I am not going to chase blu at this point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom