Here's To You Shanle! (1 Viewer)

obwhiteo

Proudly wearing my dress!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
For the last couple years everyone, including me at times, has ridiculed you and said you were the weak link on this defense!

Last year you were voted the Defensive player of the year by your team and most fans said, What the Hell were they thinking!

But to start this season the way you have, i have to say this and i have to say it now. You are not the weak link, you are a key to this defensive success. You are not the fastest, not the strongest, but you seem to always be in the right place! You are intelligent and that should not be overlooked!

Today you came through with 11 tackles, that's right 11 tackles against the Eagles and also came through with a beautifully read interception where you read the play at the snap and ran to the sideline to cut in front of the route.

You have two interceptions already this year and you and Sharper seem to be fighting each other for Saints defensive MVP every week. I just wanted to send out a personal Thank You for your play for our Saints, many have hated you and your play, but now i see why the team loves you and considers you a vital part of the defensive sucess....

WHO DAT!!

shanle is the man!!!! prove em wrong! you and reggie dont deserve this...who dat!

Gregg Williams has these guys in position and playing smart. Gibbs never did any of the things Williams is doing.

Celek still went over 100 yds receiving on him (most of this yds were on Shanle).....CELEK!!! overall good game tho Fujita is the guy that needs to be replaced by an athletic LB with some speed because we simply cannot have both Shanle AND fujita on the field at the same time they r both Slooooow but at this point :
Shanle >>>>>>>>> Fujita

For the last couple years everyone, including me at times, has ridiculed you and said you were the weak link on this defense!

Last year you were voted the Defensive player of the year by your team and most fans said, What the Hell were they thinking!

Whoa whoa whoa! Leave me out of your everyone ridiculing Shanle conundrum.

Celek still went over 100 yds receiving on him (most of this yds were on Shanle).....CELEK!!! overall good game tho Fujita is the guy that needs to be replaced by an athletic LB with some speed because we simply cannot have both Shanle AND fujita on the field at the same time they r both Slooooow but at this point :
Shanle >>>>>>>>> Fujita

Seriously? 100 yards for a TE is easy whenever you have shutdown corners like TP and JG. Aspecially with a non-experianced QB, he dumped the ball to the tight end ALOT considering he was getting outside and inside pressure and the corners where pressing the Wideouts like crazy!

Think about the whole game, not just the stats. Shanle was incredible in this game. Fujita didn't do so hot, but he obviously didn't have to be great. He did exactly what he had to do, for us to win.

:jpshakehead:

Shanle is a very good LB. Not great, could use an upgrade. But is a solid player and makes plays. Always wonder why he gets so much grief and Fujita just skates by??? If anything replace Fujita..

Seriously? 100 yards for a TE is easy whenever you have shutdown corners like TP and JG. Aspecially with a non-experianced QB, he dumped the ball to the tight end ALOT considering he was getting outside and inside pressure and the corners where pressing the Wideouts like crazy!

Think about the whole game, not just the stats. Shanle was incredible in this game. Fujita didn't do so hot, but he obviously didn't have to be great. He did exactly what he had to do, for us to win.

:jpshakehead:

I agree with this, he was dumping off the Celek alot, and we blitzed up the middle alot leaving the middle open quite a bit. Shanle played great this week and also last week. Anyone who thinks other wise is only looking at stats and not the game!

I believe Shanle runs just under a 4.7, so he has good speed for his size. He doesn't look terribly athletic, but he ain't too slow, and he appears to play very smart, so with his adequate athleticism and pretty good speed, he gets the job done very well

Always wonder why he gets so much grief and Fujita just skates by??? If anything replace Fujita..

Probably because Scott Fujita sounds like Steak Fajita and who doesn't love a good Steak Fajita... They are delicious! :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom