Here's what I would do...what would you do? (future of the Saints on the field) (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Scenario 1: Drew commits to 2 more seasons
tag Taysom with a 1st so we keep him another year
TB walks
sign a competent #2 so Taysom can maintain his current multi-tool role and increase his QB snaps
By keeping Drew for 2 more seasons, we're saying the window to win a Super Bowl is still open, so continue to mortgage the future to win at all cost. That means signing appropriate free agents, extending whatever contracts are necessary, taking salaried years and converting to bonus money, etc...
Draft with the eye to the future to strengthen our core hope our drafting the next two year gets us pieces like we have with Latt, Ram, Kamara, etc...
Taysom is your QB of the 2-6 year future

Scenario 2: Drew retires (reloading/reshuffling)
sign TB to a 4 year deal at $15 million/year
play more of a run first, pass second offense like we did during the time Drew was out
gauge what Kamara will get you in trade
trade any other assets to build within the draft
this team should be no worse than 8-8 during TB; the core is there to be able to reload fairly quickly
TB is our immediate future in this scenario with an eye to a qb to develop in the next few drafts

Scenario 1: Drew commits to 2 more seasons
TB walks
sign a competent #2 so Taysom can maintain his current multi-tool role and increase his QB snaps
By keeping Drew for 2 more seasons, we're saying the window to win a Super Bowl is still open, so continue to mortgage the future to win at all cost. That means signing appropriate free agents, extending whatever contracts are necessary, taking salaried years and converting to bonus money, etc...
Draft with the eye to the future to strengthen our core hope our drafting the next two year gets us pieces like we have with Latt, Ram, Kamara, etc...
Taysom is your QB of the 2-6 year future

Scenario 2: Drew retires (reloading/reshuffling)
sign TB to a 4 year deal at $15 million/year
play more of a run first, pass second offense like we did during the time Drew was out
gauge what Kamara will get you in trade
trade any other assets to build within the draft
this team should be no worse than 8-8 during TB; the core is there to be able to reload fairly quickly
TB is our immediate future in this scenario with an eye to a qb to develop in the next few drafts
2 would be fine with me

1 is hopefully what happens.

I doubt we offer enough money for 2 to happen. The number you came up with is total fantasy land. And if that did happen at that extreme low-ball number, I'd have to worry about the sanity of our new starting QB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom