Here's what needs to happen. (1 Viewer)

Orrrrrr...

Go the completely opposite way: praise everything WAY OVER THE TOP of what the Sucs et al and the NFL did regarding the game.

(ie, slobber over what Brady did, what Fournette did, what Evans did, what the refs/NY did)

Oh wait. Never mind, ESPN et al are already doing that.

I got nothing...

[sigh]

It's obvious the NFL and the refs are targeting the Saints for ridiculous calls, and ignore penalties their opponents commit. The Saints' organization has been too quiet about this for far too long. Here's what I think should happen.

Rita Benson needs to get on TV and scream bloody murder about it. So what if she gets fined by the league, she can afford it, but it's time to put the league on notice that we're sick of their BS and are going to start doing something about it, like:

The refs and any NFL officials coming in to New Orleans will have issues with their luggage getting "lost".
The names and address of the hotels they are staying in somehow get "leaked".
Local restaurants start refusing to serve them.
Mysterious problems start cropping up in the refs' locker room, such as air conditioning breaking, hot water heaters stop working, electrical system starts developing problems.
Find the worst gas station food in the city and feed it to the refs and NFL officials for their "meals". Sushi would be best.
Fans at the game start taking up chants of "Bullshirt" after one of these obvious fake calls. The next time it happens change it to chants of something that rhymes with "Duck Shoe refs". Fans make it loud enough it becomes a national story. Find the most crazy eyed Saints fan and be sure they get interviewed by the press explaining why they, the fans, are doing this.

Please feel free to add some preferably funny way for us fans to get even.

I am serious about the Saints' organization needs to step up and start calling out the NFL. The fake calls to sustain Tampa's drive and the ridiculous 1 game suspension of Evanns proves the league is going to continue to do these kinds of things.
Been saying for years we could prank our way back to the Super Bowl, glad to see I’m not the only one that comes up with these ideas in the middle of the night

Last edited:
Gayle makes more money when Brady wins games and the Rams get in the Super Bowl to motivate that huge but apathetic fan base. They share revenue. So, she’s not going to implement your crazy plan.

Plus, your plan is crazy.
Doing nothing and saying nothing hasn't really worked out for the Saints' organization.

Can you imagine what the NFL would have done if the situation were just a little different? If Lattimore had blindsided Evans for the 2nd time in his career he'd be gone for a long time. How about if JW had run 40 yards down the field to scream at refs and instigate a fight? How long of a suspension do you think he would have gotten?

The 1 week suspension of Evans is a joke. It's a slap on the wrist and a giant screw you to the Saints. Pretty boy Tom is getting nothing for his role and is now calling the suspension of Evans "ridiculous". When he complains enough I wouldn't be surprised to see the suspension rescinded. Fournette got absolutely nothing in the way of penalties, fines or suspensions.

By giving a 1 week suspension the NFL has just said you can do whatever you want to the Saints to help us screw them over. Basically, the NFL has been acting like a big bully and you should know by now bullies need to be stood up to or they will continue their behaviors.

Doing nothing and saying nothing hasn't really worked out for the Saints' organization.

Can you imagine what the NFL would have done if the situation were just a little different? If Lattimore had blindsided Evans for the 2nd time in his career he'd be gone for a long time. How about if JW had run 40 yards down the field to scream at refs and instigate a fight? How long of a suspension do you think he would have gotten?

The 1 week suspension of Evans is a joke. It's a slap on the wrist and a giant screw you to the Saints. Pretty boy Tom is getting nothing for his role and is now calling the suspension of Evans "ridiculous". When he complains enough I wouldn't be surprised to see the suspension rescinded. Fournette got absolutely nothing in the way of penalties, fines or suspensions.

By giving a 1 week suspension the NFL has just said you can do whatever you want to the Saints to help us screw them over. Basically, the NFL has been acting like a big bully and you should know by now bullies need to be stood up to or they will continue their behaviors.
Everything you said is 100% correct.

Gayle does not care. She would prefer Brady get more benefit of the refs' doubt than Jameis. She would prefer the Rams win a Super Bowl rather than the Saints. Because that's how she makes more money.

The NFL is like Baskin Robbins. There are 32 flavors, but when you buy one, the money goes to the same place. The guy in charge of Strawberry does not care if you buy Chocolate instead. He just wants you to buy.

And, the NFL's position, per publicly filed legal papers, is that we are paying for entertainment not sports. If Roger Goodell runs onto the field and blindsides Lattimore, that's what you paid for.

Many of us are addicted to this nonsense because the NFL was so great in the 1970s and 80s. It's hard to see how anybody would get into it now.

Last edited:

So, basically the saints practice squad DE could be activated and literally take out Brady next game and he should only get a 1 game suspension and a 15 yard penalty. Not a bad risk/reward at this point

Everything you said is 100% correct.

Gayle does not care. She would prefer Brady get more benefit of the refs' doubt than Jameis. She would prefer the Rams win a Super Bowl rather than the Saints. Because that's how she makes more money.

The NFL is like Baskin Robbins. There are 32 flavors, but when you buy one, the money goes to the same place. The guy in charge of Strawberry does not care if you buy Chocolate instead. He just wants you to buy.

And, the NFL's position, per publicly filed legal papers, is that we are paying for entertainment not sports. If Roger Goodell runs onto the field and blindsides Lattimore, that's what you paid for.

Many of us are addicted to this nonsense because the NFL was so great in the 1970s and 80s. It's hard to see how anybody would get into it now.
I tried to let myself get drawn back in but it’s the same crap officiating and corrupt league.

And Winston I just don’t know. Hard to watch now. He won the job but this has been regression. Not sure Carmichael knows what to do with him.

But main thing is the league has once again slammed the door on my interest level given how biased it is.

So, basically the saints practice squad DE could be activated and literally take out Brady next game and he should only get a 1 game suspension and a 15 yard penalty. Not a bad risk/reward at this point
That's not what I said. I said that if the situations were reversed, if Lattimore had clocked Evens from behind for the 2nd time in his career he would have gotten much more than a 1 game suspension. It is a slap on the wrist. If JW had sprinted 40 yards down the field to scream at the refs and instigate a fight he would have had major consequences instead of the none Brady is receiving.

It's obvious the NFL and the refs are targeting the Saints for ridiculous calls, and ignore penalties their opponents commit. The Saints' organization has been too quiet about this for far too long. Here's what I think should happen.

Rita Benson needs to get on TV and scream bloody murder about it. So what if she gets fined by the league, she can afford it, but it's time to put the league on notice that we're sick of their BS and are going to start doing something about it, like:

The refs and any NFL officials coming in to New Orleans will have issues with their luggage getting "lost".
The names and address of the hotels they are staying in somehow get "leaked".
Local restaurants start refusing to serve them.
Mysterious problems start cropping up in the refs' locker room, such as air conditioning breaking, hot water heaters stop working, electrical system starts developing problems.
Find the worst gas station food in the city and feed it to the refs and NFL officials for their "meals". Sushi would be best.
Fans at the game start taking up chants of "Bullshirt" after one of these obvious fake calls. The next time it happens change it to chants of something that rhymes with "Duck Shoe refs". Fans make it loud enough it becomes a national story. Find the most crazy eyed Saints fan and be sure they get interviewed by the press explaining why they, the fans, are doing this.

Please feel free to add some preferably funny way for us fans to get even.

I am serious about the Saints' organization needs to step up and start calling out the NFL. The fake calls to sustain Tampa's drive and the ridiculous 1 game suspension of Evanns proves the league is going to continue to do these kinds of things.
Agree that something needs to be done, but the NFL isn’t going to stop until they (a) have to (b) want to or (c) someone else takes over running the league

Potentially unpopular opinion....I think it's because Gayle is a woman...and she's too nice to succeed in a league run by a-holes. They're going to keep doing it because they think they can.

To clarify, Not that her being a woman is a problem....the a-holes are taking advantage of her kindness.
It has more to do with us being a small market team that is deeply reliant on the NFL machine cash flow.

Tom Benson little more than throw his hands up during Bountygate.

Why? Because he’s was a shrewd businessman. He knew how it would end and it wasn’t worth getting in the corporate dog house to “stand up” to the NFL. He allowed his team a coach to be a scapegoat because it was the quickest way to end the misery - but also, let’s be honest here - as a small market owner - he stood to make or lose a lot of money based on his cooperation.

Small market teams will always be at a disadvantage behind the scenes.

GREAT post. I have been saying much of what you say here and been called a conspiracy theorist. But what you said is right. There is a double standard and being a small market makes us an easy target. Tampa is a relatively small market also but they have the presumptive goat so that makes them similar to the Dallas, Pittsburgh etal franchises for now. Again great post

Potentially unpopular opinion....I think it's because Gayle is a woman...and she's too nice to succeed in a league run by a-holes. They're going to keep doing it because they think they can.

To clarify, Not that her being a woman is a problem....the a-holes are taking advantage of her kindness.

Not unpopular just dead wrong….small market owners have pretty much 0 leverage….her husband didn’t fare any better really…..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom