Here's what we need to do to finish off this FA period (1 Viewer)

Cajun Chat

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sign Lance Briggs, Drayton Florence, Bryant Johnson and trade for Shockey.

Are you kidding me? That would be an unbelievable FA signing group.

Then in the draft move up for either Ellis or Dorsey.

We just became the favorites in the NFC.

I agree with you on that. Tell you the truth we dont even have to move up to one of them.

drayton florence is overrated and not much better than david
no thanks
randall gay > drayton florence by a mile

the analysts say that florence is underrated.:rolleyes:

no. the facts say hes overrated, and when did i ever claim to be an analyst?
he let up 11.9 ypc, while jason david let up 14.9
i don't know why everybody on this board is high on drayton florence, he isn't good
learn your facts before trying to be a jack*** about somebody else's comments

no. the facts say hes overrated, and when did i ever claim to be an analyst?
he let up 11.9 ypc, while jason david let up 14.9
i don't know why everybody on this board is high on drayton florence, he isn't good
learn your facts before trying to be a jack*** about somebody else's comments

The way I see it, lilvipa221 was just saying that people who get paid to analyze corner backs think he's underrated which contradicts your opinion. You on the other hand acknowledge you aren't an analyst yet can accept no other reality than you are right while everyone else is wrong. And before you start touting numbers, remember that there are a ton of factors that go into creating those numbers and a sheer comparison based on just one factor is simply naive.

Now I ask you, who is really behaving like the afore mentioned beast of burden?

The way I see it, lilvipa221 was just saying that people who get paid to analyze corner backs think he's underrated which contradicts your opinion. You on the other hand acknowledge you aren't an analyst yet can accept no other reality than you are right while everyone else is wrong. And before you start touting numbers, remember that there are a ton of factors that go into creating those numbers and a sheer comparison based on just one factor is simply naive.

+1 :goodpost:

i can easily accept the fact i'm wrong, and i very well may be, but seriously, i know a lot of data and factors affects those numbers, but that's a first down AND MORE per catch. i respect your opinion, but seriously? 12 ypc? that's good?

EDIT: wow, i read his post wrong. i thought he was being sarcastic and talking to me, saying i was acting like an analyst. that's why i got so defensive
sorry for jumping on you like that, lilvipa

Last edited:
i can easily accept the fact i'm wrong, and i very well may be, but seriously, i know a lot of data and factors affects those numbers, but that's a first down AND MORE per catch. i respect your opinion, but seriously? 12 ypc? that's good?

EDIT: wow, i read his post wrong. i thought he was being sarcastic and talking to me, saying i was acting like an analyst. that's why i got so defensive
sorry for jumping on you like that, lilvipa

+1 :goodpost:

Giants aren't trading Shocky and if they were the price is way too high.

There is plenty time till draft day......usually trades like this happen either in the first couple days of FA, or on draft day. Right now the Giants won't deal........but they might change their mind by draft day, especially if Shockey is a no show on those OTAs

I think we have a fair chance landing Shockey, who probably wants out as well......

I think we need to sign our first FA before we can think about the finishing touches. As of now, we have re-signed a few our own players and traded for Vilma (great move), but we havent signed an outside FA yet. I thought we would land one of the big name defensive FAs. Briggs or Samuel - one is gone and the other is denying he is meeting with us.

While that would be a solid FA class...I don't think Florence (or Gay) are the answers at defensive back, nor do I think Ellis or Dorsey will be there at 10 (especially now that the Cincy-Detroit deal got squashed). There is no way our starting corners can be David and Florence. Saints have to get a corner at #10, and use the 2nd on a DT

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom