Hershey Bears "Bear Toss 2019" (1 Viewer)

The Hershey Bears are the Capitals' minor league affiliate.
Ever wonder what 45,000+ stuffed bears looked like being tossed into an ice rink? :hihi:

i counted. its not 45,000 bears. ;)

I actually know people who have season tickets to the Hershey Bears. I don't know but I hope they made it to this game. All the years I lived in south central PA, I never went to see them play. Or ANY hockey game for that matter. This would have been a lot of fun!

Why do they throw stuffed bears on the ice? Was it a bear trick?

Team collects them and then donates to a charity that distributes them to children. They do it throughout the AHL. I know in San Antonio (Rampage, AHL - Blues affiliate) they run them through "Toys for Tots".

Once the home team scores the first goal, play is halted and the stuffed toys rain down. Our youth teams used to be called upon to help retrieve the bears and clear the ice. The only nasty part was when that goal didn't come until late in the period, the ice was all chewed up, so a lot of those furry critters got quite soggy. People finally wised up and started wrapping the toys in plastic.

Last edited:
I actually know people who have season tickets to the Hershey Bears. I don't know but I hope they made it to this game. All the years I lived in south central PA, I never went to see them play. Or ANY hockey game for that matter. This would have been a lot of fun!
Marsha you grew up in SC PA? So did I.....

I've been to a few Bears' games back in my day....

Marsha you grew up in SC PA? So did I.....

I've been to a few Bears' games back in my day....
Yep. York. We never discussed this? I knew you were in Philly.

That was great. And Hockey (NHL) in person is awesome.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom